You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99422 Is it possible for Media Manager to support JWPlayer Videos?

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 08 August 2019 12:14 BST

tmichel
I use JWPlayer for hosting videos, because YouTube has become problematic.

A problem arose, however when JWPlayer decided to stop supporting YouTube videos, in their player, which caused me to have to use one player for YouTube videos and one player for JWPlayer videos.

If Media manager would add support for JWPlayer videos, that would represent a return to a single player solution for all videos.

I am not sure of the politics involved with JWPlayer, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if this is possible.

Ryan
Including support for JWPlayer would probably mean bundling the player with MediaBox, or having access to the API, which comes at a cost - https://www.jwplayer.com/pricing

As MediaBox is essenitally a free extension, paying fees for access to an API is not feasible.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

tmichel
Thanks Ryan, I have run out of money and scrambling to get new work which is why I didn't respond sooner.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

So JWPlayer doesn't expose a public API?

Ryan
So JWPlayer doesn't expose a public API?

It doesn't appear so.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.