You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#99438 [Regression] Media Manager doesn't close automatically on frontend

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Saturday, 20 April 2019 11:59 BST

GFCOM
Hello,

The is a regression when you choose a media in the frontend for the Intro Image ou Fulltext Image.
The popup doesn't close automatically when "Insert" or "Update" is clicked.

Also, the "Cancel" button doesn't work.

Tested on JCE 2.7.10 and 2.7.11-beta2

Thanks !

Ryan
I am not able to reproduce this on the demo site - https://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/

If this is only happening to you in the front-end of your site, then it is possible that you have a javascript error, perhaps caused by your template, that is causing an issue with the Joomla Modal that the JCE File Browser is displayed in.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

GFCOM
Hi Ryan,

I'm using the gantry5 hydrogen theme.

I think it's a problem with gantry5 because the html structure of the media fields are different within the protostar and gantry5 themes.

Also, the modal is different (see attachments).

I'll contact them for this, I suppose it's a particular frontedit from in gantry5.

Thanks !

Attachments

GFCOM
Hi Ryan,

I've taken a look with the php code of protostar template and I saw that there is a override for the media field (JROOT/templates/protostar/html/layouts/joomla/form/field/media.php)

I've copied this file in my gantry5 template and all works fine (with a little custom CSS, but this is because of gantry5 and defaullt bootstrap loaded) !

But I think it's a bit weird if I need to copy this file on my templates just to make JCE Media Manager fully functionnal :/

Can you take a look ?

Thanks !

Ryan
But I think it's a bit weird if I need to copy this file on my templates just to make JCE Media Manager fully functionnal :/

The gantry5 template is using an older method to open the modal, whereas JCE is using the newer Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 API.

I have added a fix for this in JCE Pro 2.7.11 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/latest

Ryan Demmer

DJBenz
Hi Folks,

I've noticed a similar issue to this when managing images in the back end too. My co-admin brought it to my attention and we have both seen it in Chrome and Firefox browsers. The selected image does get updated, but hitting the update button dows not close the window. It is, however, an intermittent issue.

The other issue is that selecting an image within an article (to update or delete) does not generate any kind of selection indicator - I think previously a border appeared around the image to indicate it had been selected.

JCE Pro 2.7.11 and Joomla 3.9.5 using the default admin template for the back-end.

Ryan
@DJBenz - Sounds like a cache issue, as both the problems you mentioned would be caused by older javascript and css.

JCE Pro 2.7.12 Beta 1 is available for testing - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Please clear your browser cache after install.

If this still does not solve the issues, please disable the Compress CSS and Compress Javascript options in the Editor Global Configuration, if enabled.

Ryan Demmer