You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99496 Custom Button not showing up - Issue since last update

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 23 April 2019 16:37 BST

WIUMOS
Hello, sadly I am not sure for how long I have this problem because just today I received information on my issue, so I am not sure if this is related to latest JCE or Joomla update. Anyway I have a plugin with custom button which just uses the jce explorer in modal to get a path. Since last update it doesn't show up. As I checked this is because there's no WFModel class anymore and this returns empty button:

// check for class to prevent fatal errors
    if (!class_exists('WFModel')) {
      return;
    }
If I'll remove this check the modal shows up with jce explorer but it doesn't work properly - doesn't return any path. Is there some problem with WFModel class? Do You need my whole source code? Should I downgrade to older JCE? Sincerely, Thomas

Ryan
You need my whole source code?

It would be useful to see what part of the JCE API you are attempting to use.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

WIUMOS
Trying to publish my code, but after clicking reply with markup nothing happens.

Ryan
Please attach as a zip file.

Ryan Demmer

WIUMOS
Yeah, was going to just do that. Probably some safety check of markup, right? :)

Code in attachment.

Attachments

fastgallery.zip

WIUMOS
Hello Ryan, any news with my issue?

Ryan
With the WFModel check removed, this is working fine in my tests.

Also, please try it with JCE Pro 2.7.12 Beta 3 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

WIUMOS
Great, You are right - with Beta 3 and removed check the plugin works fine. 🙂 Thank You for Your assistance.

As I understand I can remove the check and I don't have to worry about some edge cases, right? :D

Ryan
As I understand I can remove the check and I don't have to worry about some edge cases, right?

It should be fine for the later 2.6.x and all the 2.7.x releases.

Ryan Demmer