You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99505 JCE 2.7.X and Admin tools

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Saturday, 20 April 2019 12:05 BST

renem
Hi,

When ik update to the latest version of JCE 2.7.11 i have to add the cache directory as an exception in Admin Tools pro.

When i use an older version of JCE let's say version 2.6.8 this setting isn't needed.

This is al little bit clumsy...

Regards René

Ryan
The cache folder is not used by JCE Pro by default. Only the S3 Filesystem plugin uses it, and that is not included with the JCE Pro package.

What part of the editor are you using that was generating an error that required the Admin Tools exception?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

renem
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for responding. I only use JCE Pro no extra plugin's like mediabox etc.

I saw a recent posting with the same problem. When you disable GZIP compression in the Yootheme settings the editor works as aspected.

I just added the cache directory in the field: Allow direct access, except .php files, to these directories

Ryan
I saw a recent posting with the same problem. When you disable GZIP compression in the Yootheme settings the editor works as aspected.

I just added the cache directory in the field: Allow direct access, except .php files, to these directories

This is not a JCE issue then, but related to where the Yootheme template stores the compressed javascript and css files - ie: the cache directory.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.