You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#99783 Feature request: file directory path option

Posted in ‘Suggestions & Feature Requests’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by giudansky on Friday, 03 May 2019 13:16 BST

giudansky
Regarding the latest update I see you revisited the way directory path works with root folder option. I take the chance to ask something about it.

I would like the "file directory path" as a default folder when uploading or opening the jce image manager. But actually, when set, it makes impossible to browse other folders or browsing backwards in the folder tree. This is a huge limitation preventing to navigate images in the archive; it would be so easy to implement such an option.

Can you make it ?

Thanks

Ryan
I would like the "file directory path" as a default folder when uploading or opening the jce image manager. But actually, when set, it makes impossible to browse other folders or browsing backwards in the folder tree.

This is intentional and will not change. The value set in the File Directory Path represents the "root" or "parent" folder that the user has access to, and should not be allowed to browse above this.

The Allow Root Access option is a very specific use case for some users who want access to the Joomla root. It has been improved to be more straight forward and practical, with more control over what folders are accessible. It is not intended for general use.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

giudansky
I understand.
In this case it would be awesome having a default folder option, same as "file directory path". So content managers can find jce opening the preset folder based on $year/$month variables.

Thanks again