info

• You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In
  • A subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Advertisment

1. Randy Prue
  2. JCE Editor
  3. Monday, February 21 2011, 05:06 PM
Hi. I just installed the new 1.5.7.7 version with "security fixes". This is on a Joomla 1.5.22 site. I now cannot save or close or cancel once the editor is open.

This site allows front-end edit (based on access levels), where save and cancel are now not working. They worked just prior to the update.

In the admin. side, also cannot save or close.

I uninstalled 1.5.7.7, reinstalled 1.5.7.6, and now I can save and close.
WebJIVE Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Same issue here with Joomla LMS. Once I installed the patch, when adding questions int the LMS, you could no longer save the new or edited question. Once I downgraded back to 1.5.6, the Save feature in Joomla LMS worked again.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 1
Ryan Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Does this happen with any article or with specific content?

Is your server running PHP5?
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 2
I'm running PHP 5.2.9 and I haven't dug into any article saving. After upgrading a client site with the Joomla LMS installed, they said they could no longer save new entries. Downgraded and it works fine.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 3
Randy Prue Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Yes, the server where I host runs PHP5.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 4
idleog Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Does this happen with any article or with specific content?

I have the same problem. I tried some articles and it seems, that the editor doesn't close and save anymore if you have (flash-)videos in the article.
I also get following message from the webdeveloper firefox-addon:

Fehler: attribs is not defined
[...]/plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/plugins/media/editor_plugin.js?version=1577&cid=20
Line: 1
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 5
Only one of my articles has a flash video in it, and of course that was the one I was trying to save, so I cannot state that this is not true. I will not reinstall 1.5.7.7 until I hear that there is a resolution to the problem.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 6
It does appear to be an issue with Flash, specifically if XHTML Strict is set to Yes in the Media Support parameters.

I will have a patch available in the next few hours.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 7
gmanls20 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I was wondering if this was related to my posting happy_noodle and was going to ask if these posters were using flash as well.

Spotted ;)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 8
lurkio Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I'm having the same issue after JCE update but only with Chrome (V9). Firefox 3.6 and IE 8 seem OK

I'm not using Flash at all.
Only some articles seem affected and I haven't identified why some are OK and some not.
This seems only a problem in front-end editing, all is OK in back-end

Another symptom is that the "Edit code" button brings up a blank pop-up window.

:(

J 1.5.22
PHP 5.x
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 9
Please see - topic?f=6&t=19970
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 10
I see noodle boy's post that 1.5.7.8 would be released today, with a patch from 1.5.7.6 to .8

In the meantime, these plug-ins have lost their icons (looking in JCE Plugin Manager) and are not functional (my video has disappeared now):

[list:3j4lci20]caption
Media Manager
Template Manager
filemanager
[/list:u:3j4lci20]

I will get to testing them. I do not know whether to reinstall and/or roll back one version or what, or even just wait for the new release later today.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 11
If you uninstalled an earlier version of JCE before installing 1.5.7.7, you will need to re-install those plugins.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 12
Well, I simply installed 1.5.7.7 over top of .6

When things stopped working, I uninstalled .7 and reinstalled .6

Today I reinstalled those plugins, but now have of the JCE stuff is still broken. I have not run through all of it yet to see what is still broken.

I have lost a day now that I cannot bill to anyone because I cannot produce anything. All I am doing is fixing JCE, complete nonproductive down time. Even with the patch, I have lost my videos.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 13
I have lost my videos.

What do you mean? Videos stored in a folder on your server would only be affected by JCE if you used the Media Manager to delete them.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 14
I mean that they do not load. I cannot view the raw code right now, at least not on Safari, and until I figure this out, I am not getting any new work done. I am sure they are there on the server. But until they load in the pages, I cannot move on to other work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing working, so the rest of my day will be digging through the rubble.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 15
Do you have the JCE Mediabox plugin installed and enabled?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 16
What happens when you click the [show/hide] link or the AdvCode button?

Do you get any errors in Safari (Develop->Show Error Console) when you click either of these?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 17
I think this may be the offending code:

The name of the video is repeated "file & file"

WebJIVE: I do have MediaBox installed and enabled. Version is 1.0.13.

happy_noodle_boy: show/hide toggles the JCE toolbars. I do not know what the AdvCode button is or where it is.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 18

<param name="flashvars" value="file=images/stories/file.flv&amp;amp;file=images/stories/file.flv" />

That might be it. It should be value="file=images/stories/file.flv"
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 19
Thanks. I edited the code. Still no movie. The icon (the old strip of movie film) for the mediamanager does not appear on my JCE toolbars. I reinstalled it and there is my movie!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 20
To avoid this problem in the future do the following:

Copy player.swf in plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/plugins/mediamanager/swf/ to media/jce/swf/ (you will need to create the jce/swf folders). Leave the original player.swf where it is for existing articles.

In the Media Manager parameters, change [b:103id6ut]FLV Player Path[/b:103id6ut] to media/jce/swf

Now all new articles created that include an flv file will use the player in the media/jce/swf/ folder, instead of the Media Manager folder, so if you ever remove the Media Manager or (gasp!) remove JCE, the content will be safe.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 21
Thanks, happy_noodle_boy. I understand that, and I have copied all of the contents of the folder to the new folder. There is no file named player.swf (there is flvplayer.swf and some others, all now copied).

I have opened the Media Manager plugin under the JCE control panel but there is no editable parameter for path. I looked in Joomla's Module Manager and Plugin Manager, not there either.

On one site, the customer does not see the value of improving the editor. On all other sites, it is installed. I would never again allow a customer to refuse JCE unless they want to argue with the basic editor (do all articles and editing themselves)... in other words, if they want me to edit their site, they MUST install JCE.

It is among the first 5 things I install, part of the basic kit.

If somebody figures out how to make editing articles in Joomla less risky, they will have a REAL winner. Some fairly standard keystrokes (used in MS Word for example) cause Joomla articles to erase all changes and this cannot be recovered. Using your template plugin is the best way around this. Copy to template. Edit. Copy back. Editing live Joomla articles is prehistoric (you know, 1983). This is built right into the Joomla structure (seems to me). It is not in the editors, but I believe that it could be dealt with by an editor.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 22

I have opened the Media Manager plugin under the JCE control panel but there is no editable parameter for path. I looked in Joomla's Module Manager and Plugin Manager, not there either.

All plugin parameters are set in JCE Groups->Plugin Parameters. Currently the JCE Plugin Manager is not really used and is removed in JCE 2.0

If somebody figures out how to make editing articles in Joomla less risky, they will have a REAL winner.

This is the ultimate goal of JCE, but it is VERY difficult.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 23
Ah, ha. I found the path and changed it. Now someday I will wonder why I did that.

For making JCE the editor that works in Joomla, I am pleased to hear that you have that as a goal. I wonder whether the Joomla team will ever address the simple matter of intercepting a move away from the editor window to alert you to unsaved changes. That alone would make an enormous difference. Most software does this.

The new Mac wireless mouse will do a browser back or forward (not always intended) on a slight move of the finger (a slide left or right across the surface of the mouse). Bingo, all changes lost.

To be in the code window, close, and then Apply or Save in the editor window... becomes tedious.

Anything that JCE can improve in these areas would be ENORMOUSLY appreciated.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 24

The new Mac wireless mouse will do a browser back or forward (not always intended) on a slight move of the finger (a slide left or right across the surface of the mouse). Bingo, all changes lost.

I know this all too wel....

Anything that JCE can improve in these areas would be ENORMOUSLY appreciated.

There is an 'Autosave' plugin in JCE 2.0 that saves a draft every few minutes using local browser storage. You can then restore the draft if things go awry.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 25
I think that JCE 2.0 is in beta right now. Will JCE 2.0 work with 1.5 Joomla?

For the upgrade path from JCE 1.5.7.6, where all this started a couple of days ago, after I rolled back to 1.5.7.6, I then installed the patch from .6 to .8

Now in Joomla Extension Manager, I have the component for JCE at 1.5.7.6 and the plugin at 1.5.7.8

Is this okay?

Will 1.5.7.8 be released soon?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 26
I think that JCE 2.0 is in beta right now. Will JCE 2.0 work with 1.5 Joomla?

Yes, but at the moment JCE 2.0beta1 has quote a few bugs. JCE 2.0beta2 will be out in a couple of days.

For the upgrade path from JCE 1.5.7.6, where all this started a couple of days ago, after I rolled back to 1.5.7.6, I then installed the patch from .6 to .8

Now in Joomla Extension Manager, I have the component for JCE at 1.5.7.6 and the plugin at 1.5.7.8

Is this okay?

Yes, there were only 2 small issues fixed in the component, one to do with updating from earlier versions of JCE (1.5.0 etc.) and the other to do with users who have set database prefixes contain mixed case characters.

Will 1.5.7.8 be released soon?

Hopefully in a day or so.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 27
Perfect! It is nice to have GOOD things to look forward to (1.5.7.8 and then v2.0).

I am big on content so the editor is VERY important to me. Some people never see the editor or know anything about it (like the developers, the customers, many others).
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 28
What happens when you click the [show/hide] link or the AdvCode button?

Do you get any errors in Safari (Develop->Show Error Console) when you click either of these?

Okay, I see now what advcode is. It is the code editor's name in the Plugin list of JCE. I do now have a blank code editor. The code editor was working when the other stuff was broken. Now I have the save, etc., working, but no code editor. I get no errors in the Safari activity window.

I use the code editor frequently. I need to get that back working again.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 29
Can you toggle the html view by clicking the [show/hide] link at the top of the editor?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 30
Can you toggle the html view by clicking the [show/hide] link at the top of the editor?

Show/hide shows me the code, and I can edit it. The blue code editor (the basic one from Joomla?) still works.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 31
HopeKiah Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Greetings,
I started updating all my clients' JCEs (in Joomla 1.5.22) as soon as I got the email about the security upgrade. One client called, unable to SAVE and Close after updating HTML code in any article. I just spent hours troubleshooting this, not thinking of JCE, until I finally chose TINY MCE and everything worked fine. I then uninstalled JCE1.5.7.7 and installed the previous version1.5.7.6 and everything worked fine.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 32
@HopeKiah - Please install the 1.5.7.6 to 1.5.7.8 patch - topic?f=6&t=19970?topic&f=6&t=19970#p39090
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 33
roadsider Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I am using the latest version of JCE and Joomla 1.5.22 and this is still happening to me. It only happens in Safari, and it seems to kick in whenever I click on any of the editing buttons.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 34
A little help here? Is there no solution for this? Using a different browser for me is problematic, so I really need a fix.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 35
What content is in the article you are editing? Does it contain video or script elements?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 36
If I try to include an image or even if I just make some text italics, I cannot save, Cancel, or apply. Those buttons simply stop working. In other words, if I use ANY of the editing buttons in JCE, I cannot save or apply my changes. This apparently only happens in Safari. I've tested this on three different Mac systems running Leopard and Snow Leopard.

In the status bar at the bottom of the window, it says that it is loading "68 of 69 items." The Activity monitor screen reads "about:blank 6 of 7 items (1 error). The error is "javascript:; unsupported URL"

And now, the plot thickens...

When I was testing this just for this response, I clicked on Joomla's Preview button. I get Joomla's stripped down preview screen and the preview. When I close that, the Save, Apply, and Cancel buttons now work.

Hope that helps.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 37
Please install the latest version - http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/down ... gory_id=40
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 38
Wow, imagine that. I was waiting for email that 1.5.7.8 had been stabilized or that 1.5.7.9 was available, so I immediately just installed 1.5.7.11, and I still cannot load the ACE (Advanced Code Editor) inside an article. If this is the only issue, I can live with it, since the [show/hide] reveals the code and allows for search within the code, which ACE does not.

Keep up the good work, Mr. Noodle.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 39
Please install the latest version - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/joomla15x/item/jce-installation-package?category_id=40">http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/down ... gory_id=40</a>

I had already done that. Still didn't work.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 40
Do you get the same problem on the demo site? - http://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 41
hrwill Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I'm having the same problem. I'm running IE 8. It happens with text only articles, no flash.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 42
Do you get the same problem on the demo site? - <a class="postlink" href="http://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/">http://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/</a>

Not quite. But when I try to save an image in the article, I get a pop-up with this error message: "ReferenceError: Trying to access object from destroyed plug-in." I don't usually get an error message like that.

Also, this is all from the front end editor. I normally use the administrator area editor.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 43
cjamesrun Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I had the latest version of all of the components and extensions. IE will not work. joomla 1.5.22. I just recenters on the page, and nothing. If I tab to the buttons and press them, they work, but I can't click on them.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 44
@cjamesrun - Does it work for you on the demo site? - http://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 45
I now have a client who is reporting the same thing using IE8, and unfortunately, my workaround of clicking on the Preview to "unstick" things isn't working for them. Any progress on squashing this bug?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 46
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.