JCE Logo

info

• You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In
  • A subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription
  1. goeldi.eu
  2. JCE Editor
  3. Monday, December 19 2011, 09:03 AM
Hi
I am trying to set a style (set in the editors' css) to a paragraph. the paragraph contains an image and a text.
I click the 'p' tag in the path at the bottom of the editor and select my style class.
What the editor does now is set a class to the text within the paragraph, wrapping the text with a span element. Which is not what i am expecting...
I am using the newest JCE Editor on Joomla 1.7.3

Cheers
Peter
Ryan Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
This appears to happen when the "Container Element" setting in the Editor Global Configuration is set to "Disabled".

I'm not 100% sure whether this is intentional behaviour or a bug in the TinyMCE Formatting engine, but I will investigate.
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 1
goeldi.eu Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
thanks for your answer.
in my case it happens in both cases 'container element' 'disabled' or 'paragraph'

cheers
peter
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 2
Do you get the same result on the demo site? - http://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 3
Yes, same result.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 4
Which browser are you using?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 5
firefox 7.0.1 on mac.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 6
bbc2008 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Same problem is preventing me to use color boxes for text.
If it is multiple lines of text JCE makes multiple colored boxes for text. "span" everywhere added by editor.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 7
Your text to link here...

Seems that they ad multiple "span"s because of some old IE bugs.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 8
@goeldi.eu - This is working fine in all my tests on the demo site (just checked again in FF9). Can you describe your process?

Same problem is preventing me to use color boxes for text.
If it is multiple lines of text JCE makes multiple colored boxes for text. "span"

Please post some before and after code examples of this.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 9
i'm sorry, i mixed up my browsers as i am working with chrome and firefox in tparallel. firefox works fine, it's chrome with the problem i described.

please excuse my mistake!

chrome version: 17.0.963.12 dev

cheers
peter
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 10
Please post some before and after code examples of this.

Code in JCE before any editing.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland[note 5] (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain) is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. <br /><br />The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another sovereign state—the Republic of Ireland. <br /><br />Apart from this land border the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea.<br /><br />The United Kingdom is a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system, with its seat of government in the capital city of London. It is a country in its own right[10][11] and consists of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.[12] There are three devolved national administrations, each with varying powers,[13][14] situated in Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh; the capitals of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland respectively.

Code in JCE after adding my custom background-block styles:
(</span> everywhere, and you see results in attached image)

<span class="tooltip-blue">The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland[note 5] (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain) is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. </span><br /><br /><span class="tooltip-blue">The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another sovereign state—the Republic of Ireland. </span><br /><br /><span class="tooltip-blue">Apart from this land border the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea.</span><br /><br /><span class="tooltip-blue">The United Kingdom is a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system, with its seat of government in the capital city of London. It is a country in its own right[10][11] and consists of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.[12] There are three devolved national administrations, each with varying powers,[13][14] situated in Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh; the capitals of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland respectively.</span>
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 11
tooltip-blue is simple class. I dont know where from that "span class="tooltip-blue" comes.

Here is my custom class in template.css. Nothing special.

.tooltip-blue  {
font-family:Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
color: #333;
background-color: #9FDAEE;
border: 1px solid #2BB0D7;
min-height:auto;
display:block;
margin:5px 0px;
padding:10px;
}
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 12
@bbc2008 - Are you selecting each block of text and applying the style or are you selecting all the text and applying the style?

@goeldi.eu - I get the same result in Chrome 16. Works as expected.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 13
I selected all the text you see here. Instead of just one block i get several blocks, depending how many
is there, it seems so.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 14
@bbc2008 - Do you get the same problem if you set Container Element to Paragraphs in the Editor Global Configuration?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 15
Same problem. I tried all options.

Btw, remove all cache/cookies options from JCE. Even if they are removed from options JCE bite as Pit bull and it is diffcult to know if some new setting works. Make it slow, but respect settings at once.
I noticed that sometimes old settings remain even if i delete all cache and cookies from browsers. So dont´t know what to do more. It is outside my power. Restart of browser helps sometimes, not allways.

Only way it works is to mark all text, then chose Paragraph from Format and then block. (not with this block code here, needs some changing)

But, i want to reduce number of steps. I leave JCE at totally beginners and want it to make as simple as possible.

Plus, i remove all Paragraphs options because they complain at unwanted spacing in text.

Right now i explain to them to write "xxx" then mark that word, chose block from Styles and paste own text (or write new) over that word "xxx".

Not so professional way to explain it.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 16
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.