You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#108570 Issue with JCE Pro v2.911 and SP Page Builder Prof v3.7.12

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by AMurray2020 on Friday, 03 September 2021 23:54 BST

AMurray2020
Hi,

I am not sure if this is directly a JCE issue or SP Page builder problem but am posting it on JoomShaper's forum as well (https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/5793) as the error only occurs when using SP Page Builder, but JCE Pro works fine creating normal Joomla articles.

When using JCE Pro 2.9.11 as default editor set in Global Configuration in Joomla 4.0 (stable, fresh install) with Helix Ultimate 2.0 (stable, fresh install) and SP Page Builder 3.7.12 Pro (latest version, J4.0 compatible), I'm having a problem when opening SPPB pages, with the following error: Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument::addScriptVersion()

If I change the default editor back to TinyMCE, SPPB will work as normal and I don't have any issue editing or opening pages.

Thank you.

tschiwi
same problem here .....

mikeunderwood
Same problem, and JoomShaper says it's JCE. Let the finger pointing begin.

tschiwi
[quotePost id="108578"]Same problem, and JoomShaper says it's JCE. Let the finger pointing begin. [/quotePost]

Actually it's pretty easy: Joomshaper doesn't care about a third party editor .... they don't need it. So Ryan always have to do some extra work when the frameworks and pagebuilders got an update ....

Ryan
I have located the cause of the initial error, but this has turned into a more complicated problem, because of the presence of core Tinymce, which SP Page Builder loads alongside JCE for some reason.

I am working on fix and should have a beta for testing next week.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.12 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

mikeunderwood
Ryan,

Thank you, that is working for me on a J4 site with the Page Builder.

Mike

AMurray2020
Thank you also confirmed JCE Pro working with SP Page Builder.

Andrew.

smorgasbord
Sadly, no change for me on latest J3 and SP Page builder version and this Beta
I can open Articles in JCE and edit but will not allow me to save.
The graphic at the top of edit screen which says "Jooma editor SP Page Builder" used to be in two tones of blue and not is in a single blue colour FYI
No error message; just nothing happens.
SP seems to be working OK still.

Hope that helps.
Bit of a problem not being able to edit any pages.
Scott

Ryan
@ smorgasbord - Please make sure to clear the browser cache after installing the beta.

Ryan Demmer

smorgasbord
Thank you for your on-going assistance
I flushed Chrome (normal) browser and the Joomla cache.
Still the same problem.

I also opened a copy in Bing (which I never use normally) and that did not work.
I tried a Chrome Incognito session (about which I know little) and that did not work.

I tried on Iphone which never admin the site from without any luck.

I am very open to any other suggestions you might have.
Best wishes
scott

Ryan
@smorgasbord# Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
@smorgasbord# - I initially experienced the save issue on your site, but after a little while it seemed to dissapear, so perhaps it is a server caching issue causing the problem, which has now cleared?

I have installed JCE Pro 2.9.12 RC on your site, and tested in 2 different browsers.

Ryan Demmer

smorgasbord
Many thanks for taking the trouble to try to fix.
I have cleared Jooma, Chrome and Hosting cache but still not working for me.
Maybe it will come good in time.
Best wishes
Scott

AMurray2020
2.9.14 stable is released 3 September.