You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#108784 Backend Filebrowser - start with "j-toggle-hidden" status

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by gotyou on Thursday, 09 September 2021 14:20 BST

gotyou
Hi!
Thanks for JCE!

Is there a way to "start" the filebrowser in backend without the sidebar showing? The class should be 'j-toggle-hidden' as far as I can see.

Background:
  • All our users use the backend to create content.
  • We use an old "SmartIcons" extension to give everybody access ("quicklinks") to specific parts of the site.
  • This way we can add a "JCE Filebrowser" Link that opens the browser to do work on files. Perfect!
  • But it starts with the sidebar open. That does not make sense for the regular user can't access anything else in the JCE backend (no profiles, no settings, etc..)
  • This is the reason I'd like to hide the sidebar when the filebrowser is called.

Thanks a lot!
Chris

Ryan
Is there a way to "start" the filebrowser in backend without the sidebar showing? The class should be 'j-toggle-hidden' as far as I can see.

This is rendered and set by core Joomla layout methods, and there isn't a way to set the state as hidden.

I can however add an option to not show the sidebar at all if you pass a variable in the url, eg: &sidebar=0

Please try JCE Pro 2.9.15 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

gotyou
Works! Beautiful! Thank you very much!!