You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#108833 Problems with JCE Editor

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 19 November 2021 11:01 GMT

deroderuiter
I have a few problems with JCE Editor in Joomla 4:

- The File browser is only visible on the screen as a very small window. See the image: JCE Editor-File browser.JPG
- Within the Current Editor Layout, all icons are displayed in one column, rather than in rows. See the image: JCE Editor-Current Editor Layout.JPG
- In the Editor Parameters screen I cannot use the tabs Typography, Filesystem and Advanced. See the image: JCE Editor-Editor Parameters.JPG

How can I solve this? I already reinstalled the extension, but that did not help.

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
Some of the JCE css and javascript files for the JCE Admin are being blocked on your site (giving a 403 error), perhaps by an htaccess rule on the site?

Ryan Demmer

deroderuiter
I will check it...

deroderuiter
I've made some changes now. I copied the Admin Tools settings from a Joomla 3.10 installation and now everything seems to work!:D

partic
As @deroderuiter found after the tip @Ryan gave, the issue relates to .htaccess file generator settings in Akeeba Admin Tools. Add:

administrator/components/com_jce
To Admintools .htaccess generator in the "Allow direct access, except .php files, to these directories" section, and it will allow the CSS files that are being blocked to be loaded.

Attachments

Ryan
JCE Pro 2.9.18 Beta 9 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development - moves the asset media for the JCE Admin out of the administrator/components/com_jce folder and into the media/com_jce folder, which will "fix" this issue.

Ryan Demmer