You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109554 Conflict with JCE Media Manager and Joomla Media Manager

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by patvb on Thursday, 25 November 2021 00:41 GMT

patvb
I have been working on a Joomlart template for Joomla 4, and I couldn't make some of their modules work when it came to selecting images for them. I would click on Select for an image, and no images would come up in the list of available images... and I mentioned to Joomlart that I had no problem in the JCE Editor selecting images for articles. Their response was "The issue is from JCE editor media not showing the images. If i unpublish JCE editor it worked normal. Could u raise a support request on JCE forum for disable the Media box so u can use the Joomla media."

Why should I have to choose which extension uses which media box? Isn't there a way to make this work for everyone? Is there a setting where I can do this? At least for now I have a workaround, but it's not a pretty one. I have to go to my ftp site, select the image I want to use in a Joomlart module, type in the path and name, and then it works fine. I do NOT want to give up the JCE Editor media manager.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Pat

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.18 RC1 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development/jce-pro-2-9-18-dev

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

patvb
It worked! I've passed this information on to Joomlart so they can let others know it is no longer an issue.

Thanks!
Pat