You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#111008 Iframe placeholder changes every time the settings after saving of embed video using responsive iframely.com code

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 30 June 2022 15:00 BST

omd123
Hello, I am always using de code of iframely.com to have a very nice responsive youtube or vimeo video on the site. They have the same height and the width is nice responsive. In JCE only the width is responsive if set 100%, height not 🙁 so that is why I am using it. But I am using now Joomla 4 and JCE is making a place holder and changing every time when I save the code of iframely 🙁 I dont want that, and can't find a solution. Iframely code:

<div style="left: 0; width: 100%; height: 0; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%;">
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_43S-7pjcrM?rel=0" style="top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute; border: 0;" allowfullscreen scrolling="no" allow="accelerometer; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture;"></iframe></div>
Jce code after saving:

<div style="left: 0; width: 100%; height: 0; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%;">
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_43S-7pjcrM?rel=0" width="560" height="315" style="top: 0; left: 0; position: absolute; border: 0;" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" allow="accelerometer; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture;"></iframe>
</div>
It is changing the width and the height and I don't want that. Please help to solve this problem. Why are you not using iframely code in the JCE editor? It wil solve a lot of problems with videos. These are 2 video's is with iframely code, they are completly responsive: Example of 2 video in a row using iframely.com code

Ryan
They have the same height and the width is nice responsive. In JCE only the width is responsive if set 100%, height not 🙁 so that is why I am using it.
But I am using now Joomla 4 and JCE is making a place holder and changing every time when I save the code of iframely

I am looking into a fix for this.

Why are you not using iframely code in the JCE editor? It wil solve a lot of problems with videos.

The Responsive Widgets plugin - https://github.com/widgetfactory/wf_responsive_widgets - will do this for iframes and videos, without the need for extra code.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

omd123
Thanks for your quick answere.

I want to avoid using third part extensions as much as possible. (Excep JCE 😉 )

It would be great if there is a fix.

Ryan
I want to avoid using third part extensions as much as possible. (Excep JCE 😉 )

I made this extension. It may be included in JCE in the future.

Ryan Demmer

omd123
I am looking into a fix for this.

Do you know when you fix this? 😃

Ryan
I'm still working on this, it is quite complicated, but I do expect to have some support for this type of "responsive" embed code in the next udpate.

Ryan Demmer