You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100016 JCE not available on Frontend

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by dyfrig on Tuesday, 21 May 2019 12:22 BST

dyfrig
I have a site where JCE does not work on the Frontend for any user. When I click to edit an article I get the HTML code with no editor. This also occurs on my local copy. I suspected a redirect issue (as mentioned in other forum posts on this issue) so I tried renaming the ,htaccess file, also tried standard ,htaccess and also disabling URL rewriting in Global Configuration. I cleared Joomla and browser caches after changes. I still had the problem whatever I did. Since I have been doing the editing myself this is the first time I've tried front end editing for at least several months as I now need to allow my client to edit articles. The site is www.popethcymraeg.cymru. Courses would be an example menu item that leads to a single article for testing this issue. I can give you a login on request.

PHP versions are localhost 7.3.1, online 7.0.33. Joomla (3.9.6) and JCE (2.7.13) are up to date.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
There appears to be an issue with the javascript compression that your template is using, that is causing a javascript syntax error in the output, which is therefore causing the loading of JCE to fail.

Disabling the Compress JS option in the template's parameters appears to fix this issue.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dyfrig
Thank you very much. That's sorted the issue.