You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100689 File Manager instead of Image Manager

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 07 August 2019 16:28 BST

Gelauff
Hello,
I use JCE Pro 2.7.15 on Joomla 3.9.10.
1. When selecting an image in the Image tab (not the plugin button in the editor) of an article, the File Manager is displayed instead of the Image Manager, this causes problems as the configured file paths are different.
2. Furthermore the File Manager appears to be configured to upload images resizing to 125px, and the thumbnails to 120/90px.
I can't find where to change this.
Kindly advise.

Ryan
1. When selecting an image in the Image tab (not the plugin button in the editor) of an article, the File Manager is displayed instead of the Image Manager, this causes problems as the configured file paths are different.

The Image Manager is a dialog available from the editor toolbar, that assists in inserting images with various attributes into an article. The Image Manager and Image Manager Extended have their own parameters for this in the Editor Profiles.

The fields in the Image tab are Joomla fields for the Article Manager, and JCE provides a generic File Browser - with the file type set to display images - to select an image for this field. The parameters for this File Browser can be set in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser. These parameters are used whenever this File Browser is used, including when it is launched from within the Link dialog.

2. Furthermore the File Manager appears to be configured to upload images resizing to 125px, and the thumbnails to 120/90px.
I can't find where to change this.

These parameters can be set in Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Gelauff
1. Yes I understand, but, without want to be a nag, I really think this is not a logical choice.
To make my point more clear : I use different paths for Image Manager and File Manager and different profiles with different permissions and upload folders.
Excuse me my plain-spoken, but it's just not logical to provide a File Manager for images.

2. I know that, but something goes wrong, please see the attached screen shots.

Thank you!

Attachments

Ryan
2. I know that, but something goes wrong, please see the attached screen shots.

Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.7.16 RC4 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Gelauff
Hi Ryan,
Yes, that solved the issue, thank you very much.
I suppose that it's safe to keep on using this version (2.7.16 RC4)?

Ryan
I suppose that it's safe to keep on using this version (2.7.16 RC4)?

Yes, additional bug fixes, if any new bugs are reported, will be added to this version for the release next week.

Ryan Demmer

Gelauff
Maybe I did something wrong: I wanted to accept your last reply as answer, but now it disappeared.
Anyway, thank you very much

Ryan
It's at the top. This forum moves the Accepted Answer beneath the original post.

Ryan Demmer