You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106541 Cant update JCE 2.9.2 and missing translations, constants showing instead JCE 2.9.1

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by ssnobben on Friday, 29 January 2021 11:23 GMT

ssnobben
Hi

I have a problem with updates of JCE editor Pro version 2.9.2.

I had not the pro version before but then bought it and updated. Today when trying to update I got this error message and cant update

"Warning
JCE Core cannot be installed over JCE Pro. Please install JCE Pro. To downgrade, please first uninstall JCE Pro.
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
You are strongly advised to make a backup of your installation before you start updating.

Error
Error updating package."

***** I also see in the previous version the language constants where showing instead of the translations.. also a bug..

ssnobben
The translations doesnt work too. It only shows english language and then the language constants instead of the langauge(s).

So this must be a bug that others maybe have too? 🙁

Ryan
I had not the pro version before but then bought it and updated. Today when trying to update I got this error message and cant update

Are you downloading and installing the update, or using the Joomla updater?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ssnobben
Its the Joomla updater that doesnt work. The downloading and installing update works.

But still...

The translations doesnt work too. It only shows english language and then the language constants instead of the langauge(s).

So this must be a bug that others maybe have too?

Ryan
Its the Joomla updater that doesnt work. The downloading and installing update works.

You shouldn't be able to update from JCE Core to JCE Pro with the updater, so there is some other issue there.

What language pack do you have installed?

Ryan Demmer

ssnobben
I have this language pack https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/languages/editor?task=release.download&id=136 there but the problem is the its also showing language constants for english so the translations doesnt work coming from the language constants.

So the translations doesnt work for 2 different languages I have on the site ie english and swedish its only showing the english languages constants.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

ssnobben
ok done...

thks

Ryan
The Media Cache plugin is causing the problem, as it is altering the language file script url. Disabling this plugin fixes the issue.

Ryan Demmer

ssnobben
Ok thanks that was the problem strange. I will do some test and see whats going on..

thks! 😛