You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#107126 Is it possible to load a template?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by stevec4 on Thursday, 18 March 2021 20:27 GMT

stevec4
Sorry if this has been asked I wasn't able to find anything during my search.

I use JCE to make frequent posts to a calendar. The entries generally follow a set pattern.
I would like to make a html or xml template that I could select from a dropdown or a ribbon icon in the editor when making this type of post then I could just fill in the info that is needed and keeping the same basic style for all my entries.
Is this something that I can achieve with JCE?

TIA
Steve

stevec4
Found the solution. Ryan had posted a video of how to achieve this. Worked like a charm.
Would love to see a drop down menu item similar to Styles added that would make it easier for the users to see and find the templates from a predefined folder.

Steve

Ryan
Apologies for the delay in my reply.

Would love to see a drop down menu item similar to Styles added that would make it easier for the users to see and find the templates from a predefined folder.

This is automatic if you have the Template Manager button in the editor toolbar and the Template List option in the Template Manager parameters set to Yes. HTML etc. files in the File Directory Path for the Template Manager will be shown in the list automatically, and you can also sepcify other files or HTML snippets to insert.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/107126-is-it-possible-to-load-a-template.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

stevec4
Thank you Ryan this has just made the editor 1000 times more valuable to my users.

Steve