You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#107922 Editor Suddenly Ignoring Profile Parameters

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by mberman14 on Wednesday, 26 May 2021 15:10 BST

mberman14
Just recently JCE Pro 2.9.7 on Joomla 3.9.26 has started ignoring parameter settings. Specifically, for the Clipboard Plugin Parameters, I have "Use Paste Dialog" set to No, but it opens the dialog anyway. And when I use the Paste button (NOT the Paste as Plain Text button), all formatting is removed and it pastes as plain text, even though I have Remove All Styles set to No. I tried reinstalling JCE, but it didn't help.

This always worked before, and I have made no changes to the site recently, other than the usual updating of Joomla and extensions. Other editor buttons seem fine, though I haven't tested them all.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Matt

Ryan
Specifically, for the Clipboard Plugin Parameters, I have "Use Paste Dialog" set to No, but it opens the dialog anyway.

This is due to browser restrictions, where the browser does not allow direct access to the clipboard. The dialog then opens to allow you to paste in the content using CTRL + V. Alternatively, you can use CTRL + V to paste the content directly into the editor.

even though I have Remove All Styles set to No.

What other Clipboard options do you have set? Please post a screenshot of the parametesr.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mberman14
Ok, since you mentioned browser restrictions, I switched to Safari, and both the Paste dialog and Paste with formatting seem to be working there. So, the problem was Firefox, though it was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Thanks.

The thing is, the reason I had switched to Firefox from Safari a few weeks ago was that in Safari the Fields, Publishing, etc. tabs had disappeared. They seem to be back now.

I'm hopeful that at least one of the browsers will continue working so I don't have to keep switching back and forth.

Thanks,
Matt