You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108301 Problem creating links to list articles tagged

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 29 July 2021 12:24 BST

smorgasbord
Hello
When I create a link in the JCE Editor to list all the articles having a specific tag (say "marketing") using the search tool to find the tag (e.g. search / tag/ marketing)
The following link is produced in the editor

index.php?option=com_tags&view=tags&id=94&Itemid=3210

It gets rewritten somewhere and displays a page

https://12faces.business/component/tags/?id=94&Itemid=3210

Which should be showing the articles tagged with tag ID "94" but is actually showing all the tags themselves.

If I create a dummy menu entry, I get the URL format
index.php?option=com_tags&view=tag&id[0]=94&types[0]=1

which then rewrites to (for tag ID=94)
https://12faces.business/component/tags/tag/94?types%5B0%5D=1

Which works as desired.

Are you able to help please.
Scott

Ryan
When I create a link in the JCE Editor to list all the articles having a specific tag (say "marketing") using the search tool to find the tag (e.g. search / tag/ marketing)
The following link is produced in the editor

index.php?option=com_tags&view=tags&id=94&Itemid=3210

If you use the tree list in the Link dialog to get the Tag url, is the resulting url different?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

smorgasbord
My apologies.
I did actually use the "tree list". I did not separate it from the "Search" in my mind.

The "search" for the Joomla Tag by name "sid10" or Joomla Tag ID "94" does not return anything.
Thanks
Scott

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.11 Beta 3 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

smorgasbord
That appears to work correctly using the "tree" drill down approach.
I am not sure if you expected it to work in the "search" box but it DOES NOT find a tag by its name if you were expecting it to work.
I am happy to use the tree approach
Many thanks for your help.
Best wishes
Scott

Ryan
I am not sure if you expected it to work in the "search" box but it DOES NOT find a tag by its name if you were expecting it to work.

The Search function uses the same API as your site front-end search, and returns the same result. It works as expected in my tests.

What happens when you search the front-end of your site for that tag?

Ryan Demmer

smorgasbord
When I search front end, it does not return a link for the tag's name but will return a link for the listing display of all articles with that tag's Joomla ID.
That is the only tag front end search returns and is the only one I have created with JCE.
That link is created by me via JCE so the Joomla search is only displaying created links. I would therefore not expect the JCE search box to return a link not yet created if my understanding is correct.
I am conscious that I am using a lot of your time so am happy to say the issue is solved from my POV.
Many thanks for your help
Scott

Ryan
When I search front end, it does not return a link for the tag's name but will return a link for the listing display of all articles with that tag's Joomla ID.

That is what it is supposed to do, eg:

https://12faces.business/search?q=marketing&Search=&t%5B%5D=188

The JCE Search should return something similar.

Ryan Demmer