You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109441 Vimeo embeded code false due to Vimeo API change

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by thefbione on Tuesday, 16 November 2021 13:42 GMT

thefbione
Hello,

i have a big problem with your Vimeo integration in my Joomla websites. Here is the problem below. I have talked with Vimeo support and the problem is due to a change in they API. So you have to make change to your component for Vimeo to work again.

1 - The problem :
I have a problem since some weeks. I use Vimeo to integrate video on my website.

Until now, I have always used "Private" privacy.
This allows me to integrate the videos on the site and also to share the direct links if needed.

Since some time, by leaving on "Private", I can't embed my videos on my site. It tells me "The video does not exist".
The only solution is to put the video in "Hide on Vimeo" for the integration to work. But then, I can't share the link.
All my old videos are still on "Private" and the integrations work. All the new videos I send don't work in integration anymore, except as explained.

2 - I also make a video to Vimeo support for understanding : https://youtu.be/8lWxKrjcA4I

3 - Here is the response of Vimeo support :

We did recently make the change where the embed code needs to include the privacy hash.

It sounds like you’re embedding your video with a plugin or software you or a third party platform has developed with our API. We’re always happy to help best we can, but we are a bit limited on how much support we can offer when the issue arises due to use of third party software, who is responsible for keeping their API created software up to date with the changes Vimeo makes to their service.

For example, when you paste only the link into another platform in order to embed the video, it means they’ve created their own program that pulls the video for you. We always recommend using our full embed code to embed videos hosted on Vimeo so all the Vimeo features work correctly.

The site builder you are using will need to update the software they’ve created in order to include privacy hashes in the embed code they generate from the link you give them.

In the meantime you can switch the video to “hide from Vimeo” to allow it to be displayed, but that does mean you will not be able to share a link to it on Vimeo. If you need to do both, you may want to upload the video again so you can have a version with each setting.

We’re aware this is less than ideal and our engineers are considering the implications of this, but you might have to reach out to the platform’s support team to find how to correct the issue or if there is a way to use our full embed code for now.

We're in the process of gathering the details of content platforms like the one you're using for further review by our engineers to look into. While troubleshooting external platforms is out of our scope of support, we may be able to initiate dialogue with these platforms' engineering teams if enough users are reporting a high volume of similar difficulties.

We've added your example to our running list, and we'll reach back out to you if we have any further news.

4 - Thanks to tell me what you can do with that. Regards

Regards,
Frédéric

thefbione
I precise that i have just tested if i put the integration code directly in the editor, even with private video, it work.
This is only the media plugin wich dos not work.

Ryan
Can you post an example of a private Vimeo URL?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.18 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

thefbione
Hello,
yes, it work with this update.

Thank you. I delete the private vimeo url below.

Regards