You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#110282 Article Versioning generates error "Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string" after switching to JCE

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 10 February 2022 14:52 GMT

[email protected]
Hello,
I have recently installed JCE and have noticed that existing articles (created with TinyMCEE) then edited with JCE makes the Article Versioning fail with the Error "Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string"

The articles that I have not edited since installing JCE work with Article Versioning.

Any ideas or suggestions?

thanks,
Eric

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
I get the same error with an article created and edited with Tinymce. See the "New Tinymce test" article.

Ryan Demmer

[email protected]
[quotePost id="110293"]I get the same error with an article created and edited with Tinymce. See the "New Tinymce test" article.[/quotePost]

Thanks for checking on this....in your estimation are you saying that the issue is not related to the installation of JCE?

It seems the issues appeared after the installation of JCE. Do you have any suggestions on other components, template, configuration, etc. to investigate?

Thank you for your consideration.

Eric

Ryan
Thanks for checking on this....in your estimation are you saying that the issue is not related to the installation of JCE?

It is not. JCE is not directly involved in the saving or versioning of content in Joomla. It is only a drop-in replacement for the default WYSIWYG editor. When you save content, JCE merely passes the edited content to Joomla for further processing and to save it to the database.

It seems the issues appeared after the installation of JCE. Do you have any suggestions on other components, template, configuration, etc. to investigate?

I think this is coincidence. I tested this on stock Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 sites and I was unable to replicate the issue with any editor, so there may be some other process, perhaps part of another extension you installed or updated recently that may be causing the issue.

Ryan Demmer

[email protected]
Ryan,

I appreciate your time in investigating. I have posted the debug output in the Joomla.org forum so hopefully someone has seen this.

Sorry to jump to conclusions.

Eric

Ryan
Sorry to jump to conclusions.

Not a problem. Sometimes that's how we find bugs ;)

Ryan Demmer