You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#110439 "Mail Link" with custom style "class"

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 24 February 2022 09:37 GMT

fohren
Hi Ryan ...
about the "Mail Link" with added "class" ... (styled as a button)

- if I just add a "normal" Link it does show the custom "class" in the Frontend ... (it´s a button)
- if a "Mail Link" (with bodytext and all) the custom "class" is NOT shown in the Frontend (it´s just a plain link) ... in Frontend the "class" get´s stripped away ...

class".btn"
... is not in the source code)...

see Screenshot ...

Attachments

Ryan
if a "Mail Link" (with bodytext and all) the custom "class" is NOT shown in the Frontend (it´s just a plain link) ... in Frontend the "class" get´s stripped away ...

This may be the result of the Joomla email cloaking plugin re-writing the email link. Please post a link to an example on your site.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
This does appear to be caused by the Joomla Email Cloaking plugin, and I have confirmed this on a test Joomla 4 site.

If you disable the Content - Email Cloaking plugin, you will see the btn class applied and visible in the front-end source code.

Ryan Demmer

fohren
Hi Ryan ... yup that sure is the culprit ... Plugin Email Cloaking ... thx for your quick answer.

and I found this, they are already working on that issue:

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/36166
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/36269

I just found an "easy" solution for myself at the moment ... i just wrapped the link in a DIV and that does the trick ...

<div class="btn"><joomla-hidden-mail i.... >a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Titel...and...so...on>Linktext</a></joomla-hidden-mail></div>
and it´s a button again ...

Ryan
I just found an "easy" solution for myself at the moment ... i just wrapped the link in a DIV and that does the trick ...

a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Titel...and...so...on>Linktext

and it´s a button again ...

Great solution! I'll try and remember it if others report the same issue :)

Ryan Demmer