You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#110511 Embedding a pdf file with hyperlink in a text

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 09 March 2022 09:52 GMT

hasenmann
Hi,

I updated to Joomla! 3.10.6 Stable with PHP 7.4.26

I wonder why i´m no more able to mark a word in a text and combine this word with a link to a pdf file, former uploaded to the backend.
In the past this works without problems.

At first I thought that this has to do with my expired JCE Pro. Today I bought a fresh one but the problem is still there.
What is wrong?

Best Regards,
Achim

Ryan
I wonder why i´m no more able to mark a word in a text and combine this word with a link to a pdf file, former uploaded to the backend.
In the past this works without problems.

What dialog are you opening to do this? You should be using either the Link dialog or the File Manager dialog.

Please post a screenshot.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

hasenmann
Aaaargh, it is crazy:-)

I tried to do the same (using link dialog) this morning from my office pc...no problems:-)

On my home pc I tried to use also the Link dialog, then click the small button top right "search document", then mark the pdf document out of the list,
then click the button down right "include".
This button seems to be inactive on my home pc, i wonder why. Weeks ago i had no problems.

Ryan
This button seems to be inactive on my home pc, i wonder why. Weeks ago i had no problems.

Does it work with a different browser than the one you normally use?

Ryan Demmer

hasenmann
i will check this evening after work:-)

hasenmann
Hello Ryan,

i checked this with firefox, no problem, works well:-)

Seems that this is a problem with microsoft edge browser, updated automatically a few days ago.

Ryan
Seems that this is a problem with microsoft edge browser, updated automatically a few days ago.

Perhaps Edge is running a browser extension that is causing the issue? If Chrome works, then Edge should too (they are essentially the same browser), unless a browser extension is the problem.

Ryan Demmer