You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#112534 Turn Off Scrolling in File Browser/Image Manager

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by DaveOzric on Monday, 05 June 2023 21:35 BST

DaveOzric
Hi Ryan, is there a way to stop the folder list from auto-scrolling when you open a folder to view the contents? I don't want that effect.

Thank you,
Dave

Ryan
Are you referring to the scrolling of the folder tree list on the left of the dialog? Why is this an issue?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

DaveOzric
Hi Ryan, it's not an issue. I just wondered if it can be disabled. I have a site with a lot of folders I work on, and it's making it more difficult to use. For most sites, it's fine. This one, I am searching for things in all the folders, and I go up and down the tree clicking, but when this is on, I have to scroll every time because the tree goes to the top. So it adds steps to my workflow.

If it's not a setting, I can live with it. I just thought I saw it somewhere and was wondering. I just wanted to let you know that this isn't a request to add a setting or turn it off. Just wondering.

Thanks

Ryan
This one, I am searching for things in all the folders, and I go up and down the tree clicking, but when this is on, I have to scroll every time because the tree goes to the top. So it adds steps to my workflow.

I can see how this could be annoying. Perhaps I can improve this behaviour, so if the click originates in the tree, it won't scroll. I'll look into this.

Ryan Demmer

DaveOzric
Hi Ryan, just curious if this can ever be added as a setting to avoid this behavior?

Thank you

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.38 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

I have changed the scrolling behaviour for the Folder tree so that clicking in the folder tree won't result in a scroll, only when clicking a folder in the file list.

Ryan Demmer

DaveOzric
Thanks, I'll try this out.