You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#112619 With Template CSS files moved to the “media” folder when using a “Child Template” ready template, JCE Global Config. “Template CSS file” no longer show CSS in Editor?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Chacapamac on Monday, 19 December 2022 15:39 GMT

Chacapamac
With Template CSS files moved to the “media” folder when using a “Child Template” ready template, JCE Global Config. “Template CSS file” no longer show the CSS formatting in Editor (backend and frontend) in Joomla 3.

Note: I have to test on Joomla 4.....

With the new possibility of Joomla, if you have a “Child Template” ready template, the css folder is copy or move to the Joomlaroot > media > templates > site > my_template_name > css folder
Now, all the generated/compiled css files take place in that “media” folder.

My normally working JCE Global Configuration doesn’t work anymore

What is weird and work
1. My normally working JCE Global Configuration “Template CSS File
Plus
2. My normally added “editor_content.css” custom file in the normal Joomlaroot > templates > my_template_name > css
added to my JCE Editor Profile > Editor Parameters > Typography > Editor Styles this way...

— This work in frontend — backend — All the templates styles + my custom Editor styles work almost like a WYSIWYG editor.
— in my custom editor file (here editor_content.css) — I only have a link to the local Awesome Icon folder (to be able to see the icons in the editor) and few css rules that are targeting only when you are in the editor window.

Can you explain?

Attachments

Ryan
Which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Chacapamac
I’m using the newest ASTROID Template Zero (Template given with the Framework)
https://astroidframe.work/

The project abandoned by Joomdev were deposit in Github and the development was re-taken by Templaza and other developers
(I also participate in the project...)
https://github.com/templaza/astroid-framework

All Astroid and Templates from version Astroid 2.6.0 UP using the core Joomla ability to create “Child Templates”

Ryan
This is working fine in my tests, with a child template of an Astroid Zero template.

Please note that the Astroid framework needs you to load the front-end of the site to compile the css when you make changes. It does not do this automatically. You need to compile the css for JCE to load it correctly.

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
Thanks Ryan for the follow-up.

Can you tell me what is your
—> JCE Global Configuration Editor Styles

and your Editor profile settings:
—> Editor Styles
—> Custom CSS Files

Good Day!

Ryan
Can you tell me what is your
—> JCE Global Configuration Editor Styles
and your Editor profile settings:
—> Editor Styles
—> Custom CSS Files

Set the same as yours.

Make sure that the editor_content.css file is in the css folder of the child template. Also, make sure you don't have an editor.css file in the css folder, as this will be loaded instead of the others.

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
Yep, You right, if I move my “editor_content.css” to the media folder and change my my JCE Editor Profile > Editor Parameters > Typography > Editor Styles to the correct path —> media/templates/site/$template/css/editor_content.css it work.
Both Backend and Frontend give you a WYSIWYG editor

I think I forget to change the path....

My Bad.

Thanks Ryan