You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113480 Add HCL and PowerShell Code Snippet Insertion with Syntax Highlighting to JCE Pro

Posted in ‘Suggestions & Feature Requests’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

megaalc
Hello JCE Pro Support Team and fellow forum members,

I would like to propose a new feature for the JCE Pro editor that would significantly improve the experience of creating technical blog articles in Joomla, specifically for users working with HashiCorp Configuration Language (HCL) and PowerShell (and potentially for some other tools .. ?).

Feature Request: Add the ability to insert HCL and PowerShell code snippets with syntax highlighting directly into Joomla blog articles using JCE Pro.

As a technical writer and Joomla user who frequently works with HCL and PowerShell, I often need to include code snippets in my blog articles to explain concepts and provide examples. While it is possible to use the <pre> and <code> tags to preserve the formatting of code snippets, there is no built-in support for syntax highlighting. Syntax highlighting is crucial for readability and helps readers understand code snippets more effectively.

The proposed feature would allow users to insert HCL and PowerShell code snippets directly into their Joomla blog articles using JCE Pro, with the added benefit of syntax highlighting. Ideally, this feature would:

Provide an easy-to-use interface for inserting HCL and PowerShell code snippets.
Automatically apply syntax highlighting based on the selected language (HCL or PowerShell).
Allow customization of the appearance of code snippets, such as color schemes and font styles.
Include support for responsive design to ensure code snippets look great on all devices.
Integrating this feature into JCE Pro would not only streamline the content creation process for technical writers working with HCL and PowerShell but also enhance the overall reading experience for the end-users.

I believe that adding this functionality to JCE Pro would make it an even more powerful and versatile editor for Joomla users who work with HCL and PowerShell. I kindly request the JCE Pro support team to consider implementing this feature in future releases. I also welcome any feedback, suggestions, or alternative solutions from the forum community.

Thank you for considering this feature request.

Attachments