You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113525 Can't edit HTML code

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jgribble on Saturday, 15 April 2023 02:16 BST

jgribble
Since migrating to Joomla 4, we find that very little works normally. Your reliable editor component scrambles every save I make of HTML and CSS code. We have to disable it and don't dare turn it on, because it's going to break pages with every save. The behavior is completely erratic. Can wipe out whole blocks of code or only little bits of it. Some kind of unhinged auto correct seems to be going on. Beyond annoying. I feel sorry for any developer who makes Joomla extensions nowadays. This version should never have been rolled out. It is teeming with pernicious bugs. This will likely be our last Joomla project, but we have to make it work somehow.
If I give you a login would you be willing to take a look?
-Jim Gribble

Ryan
Please send me a login -> https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Please include a description of the issue, and articles on the site that I can see the issue and test with.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jgribble
I sent you a login via email. Fixed most things myself via defalt editor profile. No longer an emergency, Would like to turn off ALL autocorrect and highlighting. It's just distracting. If you have a minute to check my settings, I don't think any more is needed.,
-Jim G.

Ryan
Your reliable editor component scrambles every save I make of HTML and CSS code. We have to disable it and don't dare turn it on, because it's going to break pages with every save. The behavior is completely erratic. Can wipe out whole blocks of code or only little bits of it.

Please post a screenshot of the code that is being removed or altered.

Ryan Demmer

jgribble
While I got it to the point where I can sort of edit code, I feel I should "circle back" now that I have some breathing room. It works, but not well. All kinds of erratic behaviors. Sometimes the code just blows up. Weird things like this: If I open a div, the component immediately inserts a closing tag immediately after. Then I have to take time to delete it or move it. To have to do this over and over gets quite annoying. JCE - or something - is still trying to correct my code as I write it. Even when the code is flawless, I cross my fingers every time I save. I don't know much of these annoying behaviors relate back to Joomla 4 or my own incorrect configuration of the component. Attaching screenshot of typical junk code which gets inserted. I did e-mail you credentials six days ago. If you could take a quick look, I would appreciate it. Short of that, tell me what turn off? I don't want any auto correct or text highlighting to be in play, because it is just so distracting and wasteful of my time. Thiis is a great extension, and I'm sure the problem is on my end, not understanding how to optimize it for this new era of Joomla 4.
-JG

Attachments

Ryan
If I open a div, the component immediately inserts a closing tag immediately after. Then I have to take time to delete it or move it. To have to do this over and over gets quite annoying. JCE - or something - is still trying to correct my code as I write it.

This is the Tag Closing feature of the Code Editor which you can disable in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Code Editor.

Ryan Demmer

jgribble
Thanks I turned everything off. So easy when you know how.