You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113610 Problem JCE with acymailing on Joomla 4

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by hableur on Sunday, 07 May 2023 10:04 BST

hableur
Hello,

J4 4.3.0
JCE pro 2.9.36
Acymailing 5.11.6

I don't success with using Acymailing templates with JCE editor when creating a newsletter.
On acymailing site, it's said :
JCE editor styling issue
If you use the JCE editor and it doesn't display the styles you created in the template edition, then you should go in the global configuration in the JCE administration and change the parameter "Compress CSS" to No.

But it doesn't work. Has somebody a solution ?
Thanks

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login - and include instructions as to how I can observe the issue on your site.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
The issue here that you referenced - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/106983 - is not the same as the issue you have posted about above.

I don't success with using Acymailing templates with JCE editor when creating a newsletter.

I still don't know exactly what this means with reference to ACYMailing and JCE. I assume ACYMailing is attempting to add stylesheets to the list that the editor loads to style editor content, but I can't find a reference to this in the ACYMailing source code. I don't think is an issue for JCE to solve.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

hardys
With AcyMailing Starter 8.4.2 JCE is working as expected.
No problems creating a template or writing a newsletter with JCE as the default editor

Edit: I don't have version 5.11.6 to test with

Have you opened a support ticket as suggested https://forum.acymailing.com/d/4276-problem-jce-with-acymailing-on-joomla-4

hableur
Hello Hardys,

Yes, I have contact with Acy support. But all is not clear for me (english isn't easy for me).
Acy said for using Acy with JCE, we have to create a copy of acy template css and use it like a custom template in JCE. I know how to do, and I did it for using Acy 5 + JCE with J4 (no choice). But when using JCE + Acy 5 with J3 (that I do since years), I never had to do this.

And that was pleased, because with the custom template system, the css is used also for contents and forms ! And when you have to change your Acy template, or when you want to use more than one Acy template, you have to change the JCE custom css. Not easy.

But Acy would Acy5 disappear. I am going to test Acy 8, but my first tests of Acy 6 were not good : to heavy, to complex for my use. In this case, why do not use Mailjet interface ? Writing code is easy for me, and I know which code has the best chance to be well played at finish (and I like having the most light and pure code as well as I can do 😉 ).