You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113982 Custom CSS only works partially

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Joomla-Max on Friday, 16 June 2023 13:28 BST

Joomla-Max
Hello all,
I have created my own CSS file. A tutorial on YT helped me to do this. Unfortunately it does not work in the final phase.
1. I have created a CSS file with the name jce_editor.css. I assigned some styles to it.
2. I have entered these in the editor configuration.
3. When writing a new post, the styles are also visible and selectable in the drop-down menu.
4. The new formatting can also be seen in the preview.
5. When I save the file and look at it in the frontend, no formatting is visible.

I have tried this with the templates Cassiopaia and T4_bs5_blank. Both times no success. Now I have entered the desired styles in user.css or custom.css and it works. But with the disadvantage that other entries are visible in the styles.
In the YT tutorial it was even shown that the own_file.css do not have to be in the actual template folder. But in the parent folder where all templates are stored.
So what could be the problem? Do I have to unlock something somewhere else?
For a better understanding I have added some screenshots. Unfortunately, the number of files to upload is limited. If the need arises, I will upload the other screenshots as well.

Attachments

Ryan
In the YT tutorial it was even shown that the own_file.css do not have to be in the actual template folder. But in the parent folder where all templates are stored.

It does need to be loaded by the template, otherwise the styles won't be used by the template in the front-end.

Now I have entered the desired styles in user.css or custom.css and it works. But with the disadvantage that other entries are visible in the styles.

The best solution is to use the template's user.css or custom.css file to set the css for the template, and JCE will use this to style the editor content alongside the other template stylesheets. You can specifiy a seperate stylesheet for the Styles list, in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Style Select.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/113982-custom-css-only-works-partially.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Joomla-Max
Hello Ryan,

first of all thank you very much for your answer. I have made some progress. But I do not know how. I didn't change anything, but all of a sudden it worked with the custom CSS file. It has the name jce_editor. ;-) First it worked in the template of Cassiopaia. After longer trying also in the T4_bs5_blank.
Now I tried the settings on another page. There the problem is still present. I will copy here the CSS files from the pages that work. I suspect that it might be a problem with the cache.
When I have solved the problem, I will give a short feedback here. But now it is first of all to enjoy the beautiful weather...

If you or anyone else would like to see the tutorial of custom CSS files on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/live/kgzOK2DudhY?feature=share&t=135.
But he takes his time explaining. It was a live stream.

And here at this point I would like to thank you once for the JCE-Editor. For a long time I used the free version. But now with the change to Joomla 4 I have "treated" myself to the Pro version. Just to work more with CSS, but also the possibility in the Pro version to create your own templates.

Ryan
And here at this point I would like to thank you once for the JCE-Editor. For a long time I used the free version. But now with the change to Joomla 4 I have "treated" myself to the Pro version. Just to work more with CSS, but also the possibility in the Pro version to create your own templates.

Thank you for your support.

There the problem is still present. I will copy here the CSS files from the pages that work. I suspect that it might be a problem with the cache.
When I have solved the problem, I will give a short feedback here. But now it is first of all to enjoy the beautiful weather...

Is this issue solved?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Joomla-Max
Hello Ryan,

Gladly. I should have bought the Pro version much earlier!

I have not been able to solve the problem the way I thought I would. But I'm a bright boy. I simply used letters for sorting before the selector. See screenshots. Numbers do not work. So I found a quick solution for myself.

Thank you very much for asking.

The last screenshot shows the parts I don't need in the styles.

Animated gifs cannot be inserted? I had prepared a small animation. 😃

Attachments