You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#114020 Blank Editing Screen

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by ninehundred on Thursday, 22 June 2023 17:04 BST

ninehundred
I have an unusual problem with a joomla 4.3.2 site that is not showing output in the editor view. If i manually type in the editor view it will display that but not the rest. I am using Articles anywhere shortcodes and custom field shortcodes. An snippet is like

<div class="tab-content">
			<div id="motorolaportables" class="container tab-pane active">
				<div class="row">{articles category="Motorola" tags="Digital && !Cancelled" ordering="title"} {if first}
					<h3 class="dividers">Digital</h3>
					{/if}
					<div class="col-6 col-sm-4 col-md-2">
						<div class="nc-thumbnail-box nc-shrink">[thumbnail-shortcut]
							<p>[radio-part-code]</p>
						</div>
					</div>
					{/articles}</div>
We are moving content form a test site where it works to another where it doesn't. The code view of the editor is fine and the front end output is fine. It is just the editor tab that shows no output at all. On the other site you can see all the test and shortcodes. The only difference I can see between the sites is that the one with the problem is running on PHP 8.2 whereas the other that behaves as expected is on PHP 8.1. I have tried swapping the PHP version but that doesn't help. The Preview doesn't work either. If I swap to the TinyMce Editor is behaves as expected hence raising a question here. Has this cropped up before with anyone? Thank you in advance for any help.

Ryan
It could be that css from class values in the content, eg: class="tab-content" are being applied, hiding the content. As JCE loads the template stylesheets into the editor, including Bootstrap if used by the template, then any content that uses a css class from the template or bootstrap that hides the tag or content would be affected. For exmple, this:

<div class="tab-content">
	<div id="motorolaportables" class="container tab-pane">
        Some Content
        </div>
</div>
which actually hide

<div id="motorolaportables" class="container tab-pane">
    Some Content
</div>
in the editor because it is the "active" class that shows the tab pane, otherwise it is hidden.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ninehundred
Thank you Ryan, I'll look a bit deeper. I've changed the config to default rather than template css which works but I don't understand why it works on one site and not the other (same template, same markup). It's a mystery for sure.