You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#114028 Video insert gets stripped when user is Admin?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 28 June 2023 09:26 BST

martinbeaumont
Hi there,
I'm having an issue with inserting a video (youtube link) via the Media Manager, which gets stripped when the article is saved?
The user with the issue is setup with Admin rights. I've ensured iframes are allowed, Administrator's have Text Filters set to No Filtering.
Everything works ok if I (Super Admin) insert the link but not with this user. Oh and we both use the Default JCE profile.
Appreciate any info you might have.
Cheers
Martin

Ryan
Aee you inserting the video into a Joomla article, ie: using the Joomla Article Manager, or into an article created in an installed extension?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

martinbeaumont
Thanks Ryan,

We're inserting the video into an Article via the Insert Media (Media Manager) button on the JCE toolbar. Leaving the Media Type as HTML5 Video and then adding the URL to the YouTube video.

Ryan
If it is a Youtube video, then you only need to paste the URL into the editor, which will insert the video using an iframe (the correct way to embed Youtube videos).

Alternatively, paste the Youtube URL into the URL field in the Media Manager and click Insert. The Media Manager will insert the video using an iframe.

Ryan Demmer

martinbeaumont
Thanks Ryan,

I am using that second method you mention- "paste the Youtube URL into the URL field in the Media Manager and click Insert" - once I click Save then the iframe is stripped out and I'm left with <p> </p>

Again this only happens to the user with Administrator privs, the Super User account is allowed to use that method with no issues.

Ryan
once I click Save then the iframe is stripped out and I'm left with

This is key. If the iframe code is still visible when you check the Code Editor by clicking the Code tab, but removed when you save, then the iframe is being removed by a process during saving. This is likely to the Joomla Text Filter, or RS Firewall if you have it installed.

Ryan Demmer

martinbeaumont
Thanks Ryan

No, not using RS Firewall and the Joomla text filter for Admin users is set to No Filtering ?

As the site is still in "dev mode" I'm not using AdminTools either.

Ryan
Can you send me a login? -> https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

martinbeaumont
Thanks Ryan - do you want a user with SuperUser or Admin rights?

Ryan
[quotePost id="114042"]Thanks Ryan - do you want a user with SuperUser or Admin rights?[/quotePost]
Super User, and I will create a test Admin account to troubleshoot with, which I will delete afterwards.

Ryan Demmer

martinbeaumont
Site details submitted - thanks!

Ryan
I found a bug with Youtube insert which I have now fixed. I have uploaded JCE Pro 2.9.38 RC2 to your site, and the issue appears to be resolved. Can you confirm this?

Ryan Demmer

martinbeaumont
Hi Ryan,
Many thanks - really appreciated.
From what I can see it's all fixed. I'll ask one of our users to check adding videos in the morning (AU time) and I'll update this post then, but it looks like we're good.
Cheers!

martinbeaumont
Hi Ryan
Thanks all fixed. User can add videos as needed.
Am I safe to upgrade to the latest 2.9.38 release now?
Cheers

Ryan
[quotePost id="114049"]Hi Ryan
Am I safe to upgrade to the latest 2.9.38 release now?
[/quotePost]

Yes.

Ryan Demmer