You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#114239 video tag is broken after save article

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by sven.j on Friday, 21 July 2023 16:52 BST

sven.j
HI, after any of the last update the video inserting not working.... I add my local Video in the Editor and the source looks fine, but after saving the video tag is broken like
vdeo src="https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/images/xxx/link_to_video.mp4"""""</video>
Can anybody help to fix this ?

Ryan
I add my local Video in the Editor and the source looks fine, but after saving the video tag is broken like

If this is only happening when you save, then it is not caused by JCE, but probably by a post-save process.

Is it only displayed this way when viewing it in the front-end, or when you edit the saved article again?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

sven.j
If this is only happening when you save, then it is not caused by JCE, but probably by a post-save process.

it`s only happens when i use the JCE as a CustomField Editor in the origninal Editor Field it works as aspected

Is it only displayed this way when viewing it in the front-end, or when you edit the saved article again?

both

Ryan
When you create the custom editor field, make sure to set the Filter option to Raw or Safe HTML.

You can edit an existing custom field to change this option.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

sven.j
ok i found the problem... the Field Filter Safe HTML break the video tag, RAW Filter works fine...

i test it on a clean installation and go to our Dev Team for a solution... if it`s neccessary...

thanks Ryan