You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#114288 Template Colors Changed

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by mberman14 on Friday, 28 July 2023 19:00 BST

mberman14
Hi,
I had a weird thing happen today. I often use the Select Text Color button in the editor. When I click on it, I then click on More Colours, and then Template. There are a couple of colors in that palette that I use often, and today one of them had changed.

I'd be interested to know how that happened but, more importantly, I need to know how to change it back. Where is that palette generated and how do I edit it?

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

Ryan
The colors are extracted from the site's template stylesheets, and a recent change now loads a custom.css file it present for some template frameworks (Helix, JoomShaper), which may account for the new colour if you have a custom.css file in your template's css folder.

#CC0000 is a shade of red, and looking at the colours you have in your screenshot, there probably already is colour of that value.

You can also add custom colour values for Text Colour and Background Colour in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Font Color, which will display in the colour drop-down, above More Colours.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mberman14
Thanks. I added the colors I need in the Profile.

I do have a custom.css file in templates>templateName, but it has no color definitions of any kind in it. Could it be pulling from somewhere else?

Thanks,
Matt

Ryan
Which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
It's one I made using Template Creator CK.

Matt

Ryan
Looking at the css files for one of the free Template Creator CK templates, and assuming the structure is the same for a custom template, it is likely that the editor is loading the editor.css file in the templates css folder - which imports the other template stylesheets and fonts, a first for any Joomla template I have seen! - and the colours are extracted from these stylesheets: template.css and custom.css

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
Ok, I think I get it. So it's extracting all the colors used in template.css, rather than having some sort of list or table there. Oh, well. I guess I'd be better off just using the JCE Editor Profile.

Anyway, thanks so much for taking the extra time to look into this.

Matt