You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#114570 memory size exhausted with jce media field

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 06 September 2023 14:41 BST

rian
I have a category with more than 200 articles in 3 subcategories. when I create a category blogmenu item the view works only with 200 articles loaded, if I select more, I run into a fatal error: allowed memory size exausted error. memory_size_limit is 256M and I cannot increase it with my hosting.

however, if deactivate the jce media-field, the page works! is there something in the plugin, that runs into a loop?

Ryan
fatal error: allowed memory size exausted error

What file is triggering this error? The error statement should show the file path.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

rian
I see these errors:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 835584 bytes) in /kunden/xxx/webseiten/xxx/neu2023/plugins/system/n3tcookieconsent/n3tcookieconsent.php on line 1229

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 843776 bytes) in /kunden/xxx/webseiten/xxx/neu2023/libraries/vendor/symfony/error-handler/ErrorRenderer/HtmlErrorRenderer.php on line 273

if I deactivate n3tcookieconsent I get this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 827392 bytes) in /kunden/xxx/webseiten/xxx/neu2023/libraries/vendor/laminas/laminas-diactoros/src/Stream.php on line 246

But all works if I deactivate the jce media field

Ryan
Does this happen when creating an article or when viewing the article in the front-end?

Ryan Demmer

rian
viewing the category blog in the front end with more than 200 articles loaded in the menu item

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

rian
done

Ryan
I don't know what is causing this issue. If I remove all methods from the JCE MediaField plugin , so that it is just a blank class, eg:

class PlgFieldsMediaJce extends FieldsPlugin
{ 
}
the timeout still occurs. I don't see how the JCE MediaField plugin could be the cause of this.

Ryan Demmer

rian
well, I also posted in the Joomla Mattermost channel about it and Richard Fath mentioned the XML-manifest file or manifest_cache table as potential causes or that something is missing from the php code that the core needs (which is also missing with the empty class). but I cannot tell if that's helpful

Ryan
How many JCE Media Fields are on the page?

Ryan Demmer

rian
It is used only in articles of one of the three categories, there are 44 articles in this category. the articles in the other categories almost never use the jce media field. I think around 50 - 60 articles in total use it.

Ryan
I think around 50 - 60 articles in total use it.

I don't think this is any kind of recursion problem, but a capacity issue. There is nothing in the JCE MediaField code that should consume a lot of memory, and no recursion issues either. I think you just ahve a lot of articles with media fields being processed, on top of all the other processing done by other plugins.

I've not been able to find any reasonable change to the code that imprvoes this in this specific instance.

Ryan Demmer