You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#114884 Directory Path

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by peanutp on Wednesday, 11 October 2023 13:27 BST

peanutp
Hello,

I have just purchase the Pro version because I need the image resize option on upload. My use case is for new users creating an account - I give the option to upload a profile picture via a Joomla custom field and I wanted to control the size of the images. That all works perfectly with the pro version.

the one issue I have is with the directory where the images are stored. Other users who creating an account can see the other uploaded user images, which I don't want. As the directory options are mostly linked to username, id etc.. using them won't work as the user account has yet to be created. If I use the date/time options I can get it to only user the directory set by the hour for that time period, however, two or more accounts created in that hour would see other images.

Is there a better way to deal with this?

Best wishes,
Pete

peanutp
Is this something you can help with? Hopefully my description made sense!!

Ryan
Does the user need access to the File Browser, or do they just need to upload an image? An option to remove the File Browser "Select" button and just have the Upload button might be a solution? You could do this with css, eg:

.wf-media-wrapper .button-select {
    display: none;
}

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

peanutp
Exactly that, the user simply needs the option to upload one image. The simpler the solution the better! I'll give this a try.

Ryan
The JCE Media Field supports drag&drop too. Drop an image into the text box to upload it. For example (includes hidden Select button):

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/114884-directory-path.gif

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

peanutp
that works nicely thank you. just need to update my old template and cut over to J4 as it looks a little rubbish in my legacy template.