You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#115053 Extended Media style in custom filed

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by marto42 on Wednesday, 06 December 2023 06:44 GMT

marto42
Hello, I`ve made an article custom field and I use JCE FILE BROWSER, at extended media option I set the value YES.
My question is how to remove width and height from settings, and how to set up by default Type to be a LINK, and how to set up by default Target to be OPEN IN NEW WINDOW, like screenshot?

Attachments

Ryan
My question is how to remove width and height from settings, and how to set by default Type to set a LINK, and Target to be set OPEN IN NEW WINDOW, like screenshot?

The Width, Height, Type and Target options are part of the Extended Media options which you can enable or disable in the Field options when creating or editing the field. You can only have alle the options or none of them.

A default Target value can be set in the Media Field options when you create the field.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

marto42
Dear friend, see my video on a lin below.
VIDEO
A default Target value can be set in the Media Field options when you create the field.

It does not work even I`ve choosen target in a new link in custom filed and Extended Media option is yes.
Tell me please is there any option to fix it by default the option TYPE to be LINK, not embed
and the option TARGET to be choosen by default - OPEN IN NEW WINDOW.
THE OTHER TWO OPTION WIDTH AND HEIGHT I CAN HIDE WITH CSS.
At least I saw an sql problem when I change the option YES or NO in Extended Media on an article custom field, when the content is published yet!
Thanks!

Ryan
It does not work even I`ve choosen target in a new link in custom filed and Extended Media option is yes.
Tell me please is there any option to fix it by default the option TYPE to be LINK, not embed

In the Media Field options, when creating or updating the field, set the Extended Media option to No. All files that are not images will then be links only.

Set the Target to Open in New Window.

Ryan Demmer

marto42
Did I understand right?
If I choose Extended Media to option - Yes, there is no way to basic settings.
If I choose Extended Media to option - No, I can set up from created field.
If that is true, I would like to suggest in future to add extra options to manage when i select YES in "Extended Media"
or
If I select option NO in "Extended Media" it is nessary a Description field, because I don't have the option to change the file name - 1_filename.pdf

marto42
When I choose Extended Media option to No and use in subform only, there is no attached files in article, too.
That's why I have to use Extended Media option to YES when I use the field in subform only.
Everything works good, if I use Extended Media option to No whitout subform only!

Ryan
[quotePost id="115075"]When I choose Extended Media option to No and use in subform only, there is no attached files in article, too.
That's why I have to use Extended Media option to YES when I use the field in subform only.
Everything works good, if I use Extended Media option to No whitout subform only![/quotePost]

This will be fixed in the next update.

Ryan Demmer

marto42
Thank you for fixing the problem with displaying the field in the non-expanded version. Tell me how to specify that in the extended version the Type value should default to always LINK, not embed?

Ryan
Tell me how to specify that in the extended version the Type value should default to always LINK, not embed?

There is no option for this. The Extended option is for embedding media. To use links only, set the Extended Media option to No.

Ryan Demmer

marto42
OK, I'll use the No option, but I'd like to be able to name the link rather than showing the file name - for example 1_Instruction_version2.pdf. When I use Extended Media option to No, there is no option to edit the link name!
Would you be so kind as to add a link name edit option in one of your next releases?

marto42
Hi, could you please tell me if you can add an edit field to the attachment name then when the non-expanded media option is used?
Питам ви пак, защото ми е много, много важно, благодаря!

Ryan
I will look into this for a future update.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.56 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

marto42
GREAT! YOU ARE GREAT SUPPORT!