You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115274 Joomla button set in editor seems buggy...

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 14 November 2023 14:11 GMT

Chabi01
Hi :)

In JCE, if you dont put the editor buttons in the editor itsels, there are shown under the editor.
Now, in profile, if you drag the dropdown button to have the buttons directly in the editor, I see several problems :

- On some site, all buttons are not shown : for example, "Media" is correctly shown under the editor (and working) but not in the dropdown list.
- On some other site, the "Media" button and other buttons are all here, but for example, if I normally click on "media" and add a PDF, I have a choice proposed (embed or classic). With the dropdown button in the editor, the choice is not proposed, but also the file is not added in the editor at all....

I work on last Joomla 4, last JCE PRo version.

Thanks for the help :)
Xavier

Ryan
- On some site, all buttons are not shown : for example, "Media" is correctly shown under the editor (and working) but not in the dropdown list.
- On some other site, the "Media" button and other buttons are all here, but for example, if I normally click on "media" and add a PDF, I have a choice proposed (embed or classic). With the dropdown button in the editor, the choice is not proposed, but also the file is not added in the editor at all....

It is excluded because it doesn't work as expected, as the Media window has additional requirements that cannot be provided by JCE. Also JCE already includes superior options for inserting media, making the Media dialog redundant.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Chabi01
Hi Ryan,
I use the Joomla Media button only, to embed pdf in article, and maybe I'm wrong but JCE does not ?

Xavier

Ryan
JCE can embed PDF files using the File Manager and IFrames buttons. You can add the File Manager button to the editor toolbar in Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout.

Ryan Demmer

Chabi01
Ryan, you have saved my day :)

Thanks !
Xavier

Ryan
Great! The next update will include a fix for the drop-down buttons list so the Joomla Media dialog will work.

Ryan Demmer