You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115298 Chat GPT not working

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jeffhoneyager on Tuesday, 05 December 2023 12:43 GMT

jeffhoneyager
ChatGPT:
Created and paying for a ChatGPT account - I have been paying for and using this for about 3 months - often.
Went to API Keys "Create"
Entered the info - copied the secret key

JCE Profile:

Entered it into the JCE plugin
After clicking on the editor icon and entering text "Send a request" in an article, I get this error message:

Error: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.insufficient_quota insufficient_quota

???

I checked the documentation on your site ????

Thanks for the concept of the plugin - it will become awesome.

Ryan

Error: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.insufficient_quota insufficient_quota

This is a ChatGPT API message, referring to your message quota and has nothing to do with the JCE ChatGPT plugin.

The error codes in the OpenAI docs - https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/error-codes/api-errors - show this error as:

429 - You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details
Cause: You have run out of credits or hit your maximum monthly spend.
Solution: Buy more credits or learn how to increase your limits.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ssnobben
had the same problem and strange I never use it for a couple of months and then got this error message when I should start using it.. 🙁

ingboe
I just installed the ChatGPT plugin and added the API, then attempted a first test. I got the same error! I wish the JCE support team diagnose it to solve this issue.

Ryan
This is not a JCE issue, this is a ChatGPT API issue. I'm not seeing any problem with this, although I am not using ChatGPT for free.

Ryan Demmer

ingboe
So, you mean if I pay for a plan on ChatGPT, it will work?

Ryan
[quotePost id="115366"]So, you mean if I pay for a plan on ChatGPT, it will work?[/quotePost]

I would assume so, I'm trying to test with a free plan now - the plugin was initially built using a free API key.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Free API Key seems to work OK using the gpt-3.5-turbo model.

Ryan Demmer

ingboe
You are correct; it works fine. I created a new account on AI and then a new API using the GPT-3.5-turbo model. Thanks for the help and for the quick response. I appreciate that 😃

jeffhoneyager
I purchased the ChatGPT Plus plan ($20/mo).

After creating an API and adding it to the JCE plugin, it did not work.

Then I read (from Open.ai),

Please note that the ChatGPT API is not included in the ChatGPT Plus subscription and are billed separately. The API has its own pricing, which can be found at https://openai.com/pricing. The ChatGPT Plus subscription covers usage on chat.openai.com only and costs $20/month.

So for $20 more per month I can get it to work with JCE.

I use ChatGPT and it is easy to copy / paste / remove < divs > So I don't see a need to pay an additional $20 to use it within JCE.

Great idea - poor business plan (for ChatGPT).

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7039783-how-can-i-access-the-chatgpt-api