You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#115437 new paragraph below tables

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by zetcom on Wednesday, 06 December 2023 09:20 GMT

zetcom
When I'm working in a table and want to insert a new paragraph underneath, I always have to go to the code editor and put a <p> tag under the table. With a simple line change, the break is only set in the table cell.
Is there a keyboard shortcut that can be used to insert a new paragraph under the table in the editor view?

Ryan
Press ALT + Enter (or Option + Enter on Mac) to create a new paragraph below the table.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

zetcom
Cool, thanks, Ryan!

This does not work though when I use the columns feature. In a table inside a column the shortcut ALT + Enter moves the cursor down below the column, not below the table. :)

Ryan
This does not work though when I use the columns feature. In a table inside a column the shortcut ALT + Enter moves the cursor down below the column, not below the table.

The action moves the cursor to the next block element, which in this case is the column, so do it again to move outside the column.

Ryan Demmer

zetcom
[quotePost id="115443"]
This does not work though when I use the columns feature. In a table inside a column the shortcut ALT + Enter moves the cursor down below the column, not below the table.

The action moves the cursor to the next block element, which in this case is the column, so do it again to move outside the column.[/quotePost]

Uhm, the cursor immediately moves outside the column when I press ALT + Enter inside the table cell. It does not stay inside the column as you mention.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.56 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

zetcom
Works! Perfect! Thank you very much! 😃