You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#115558 Unable to activate JCE Pro for guest user in Akeeba engage

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 15 December 2023 16:37 GMT

FIFOtest
I am trying to enable comments from guest users in Akeeba Engage.
I have created a JCE profile for Guest users and registered users. (screen shots attached)
Whilst the application works correctly in my superuser account, and also from a registered account, it fails when trying to react as a guest user. On a registered account it opens directly the JCE edit screen, after showing the earlier comments.

However, for a guest user, not logged in, I get a request for name and mail address (as expected, but no JCE window. (Screenshot attached)) Rather the window I see is an empty box instead of an editor, making it impossible to submit a new comment or reply .

Hopefully you can help solve this issue.

Thanks

Rik Nuytten

Attachments

Ryan
Set the Ordering of the "Public Users" profile so that it is above the "Default" profile.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

FIFOtest
I did this, but have te same result. Cleared caches and validated locks, but no joy! See screen shot.

I activated the account JCESupport with sufficient privileges and password the full mail adres used to mail me the response.

Thanks for the quick reaction!

Attachments

Ryan
Please use this form to send me a login -> https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I'm not quite sure what the issue is here. I've installed Akeeba Engage on a local test site, exported and imported your "Public users" template, and set up Akeeba Engage Permissions for Public, Guest and Registered users to the same settings as on your site, and the editor displays as expected in an Akeeba Engage comment box for Guest users.

Ryan Demmer

FIFOtest
Weird! Where else could I Check a setting?

Ryan
[quotePost id="115588"]Weird! Where else could I Check a setting?[/quotePost]

I'm wondering if this has something to do with your User Group settings, but I don't see anything unusual.

Ryan Demmer

FIFOtest
Iobserved something strange:

when I do a reorder , the profiles show in the wanted order, with the public user first. (screen shot two)
When I a do a clean restart, and ask for the profiles (no reordering asked) , the displayed order is different. (screen shot one)
could that be a pointer to solve the mystery?

Thanks

Attachments

Ryan
when I do a reorder , the profiles show in the wanted order, with the public user first. (screen shot two)
When I a do a clean restart, and ask for the profiles (no reordering asked) , the displayed order is different. (screen shot one)

The ordering is correct as saved to the db. When I export and import all the profiles into my local test, the editor still displays in Akeeba Engage.

Ryan Demmer