You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115653 jce styles not loading in front end

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by [email protected] on Friday, 22 December 2023 08:36 GMT

[email protected]
hi,

users cannot load styles the button is inactive
we only have a profile active and here is the config
we use joomla here is the config :

xxx

Attachments

Ryan
Set the Editor Styles option (3rd image) in the Editor Global Configuration to Template CSS Files.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

[email protected]
hello,

thanks already tested that but no success, another info is that another strange this is that the default profile configuration does not totally apply, for example the info button is remove from the default profile but the info button is still showed on frontend ( see screenshots )

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

[email protected]
done, thanks a lot, just to be sure, my aim is to use the default jce templates for styles not mine

Ryan
The Styles list is loading for me on your site.

for example the info button is remove from the default profile but the info button is still showed on frontend ( see screenshots )

I fixed this by adding the button, saving the profile, removing the button and saving the profile again.

Ryan Demmer

[email protected]
thanks for the info button,

still not ok for the styles, can you please test on front end on this link :THIS LINK

( must log first on front via lms.cx )

we use a specific template so i think the aim is really to get rid of the template and site css and use the jce standard styles

Ryan
we use a specific template so i think the aim is really to get rid of the template and site css and use the jce standard styles

The "Default" Editor Styles are not used by the Styles list, only to style the editor content.

If you don't wan tto use styles from your template, then remove the Styles list from the editor toolbar as it will have no use, unless you want to add custom styles for users to apply.

Ryan Demmer

[email protected]
ok got it, so how can use the template styles in that case, can you help locate those and what the configuration for JCE ?

Ryan
I have fixed this on your site. Your template had an editor.css file which was loading a custom blockquote styling, but JCE will always load the editor.css file as the default if it exists, and yours did not contain an @import rull for the main template.css file, which I have now added.

There appears to be an issue with your template HTML structure, which is causing issues with the way JCE menus are being displayed. I think this is due to a mistake in the HTML which is rendering the main article content inside the

Ryan Demmer

[email protected]
thank you very much Ryan for your precious help, will advise the template editor of this need for a fix 😉
have a nice week-end and end of year