You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115685 Removing JCE Pro

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by dupinsan on Friday, 29 December 2023 14:31 GMT

dupinsan
Hello everyone,
Quick question: if I remove JCE Pro from the Joomla extensions, do I risk losing what I created with JCE (link to URL, link to PDF file, columns in articles, tables, etc.)?
Because I took care of the maintenance and updates of the site of the extensions that I paid for, but the client wants to give this service to one of these friends.
And I don't want to pay for him!
Thank you for your reply.

Ryan
Quick question: if I remove JCE Pro from the Joomla extensions, do I risk losing what I created with JCE (link to URL, link to PDF file, columns in articles, tables, etc.)?

No, but columns in articles will require additional css to be added to the template stylesheet if the Columns tool was configured with the Generic CSS Framework option - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/columns/configuration

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dupinsan
Thank you for your prompt response.
If I choose Bootstrap 4/5, will it change my layout?
And if it suits me, can I then erase JCE Pro?

Ryan
If I choose Bootstrap 4/5, will it change my layout?

Each article that uses columns will then need to be opened and re-saved. Also, your template must use Bootstrap 4 or 5.

And if it suits me, can I then erase JCE Pro?

Yes.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dupinsan
Thanks for your help.
I'll try.