You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115722 Hover/ click or tap an image for display

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by VonRad on Monday, 08 January 2024 14:23 GMT

VonRad
Hi.

I've looked through the support questions and this may be a MediaBox question but I'm not sure.

I've standardized the use of some images across my site. I'd like the user to see text and/or an image when they hover/ click/ tap a standardized image, so they don't have to refer to a master list of definitions. From what I can determine, it looks possible but I haven't been able to isolate a method of doing so.

Please advise. Thanks.

VR

Ryan
so they don't have to refer to a master list of definitions.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but MediaBox can used to create a popup on an image to display a larger image, an article on your site or content on an external site.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

VonRad
Great to hear. Do you have a link to the method? FYI, my definition of a 'master list' is an image/ text cross reference file available to users on every page.

VR

VonRad
Hi,

I've been trying to source information on MediaBox but it appears to be quite out of date. I've run a few scenarios in J5 and Yootheme without success. I'd like to link one static popup to each image in my image library. This would allow me to select an image and companion popup without having to recreate the popup each time I use that image. Can this be done?

As far as attaching images, the Images and Links tab of the Joomla Article Manager contains an Intro Image field. Is there a way to add the MediaBox popup to the image in the Images and Links tab - article level - without duplicating effort and embedding the image/ recreating the popup, in the content section?

Thanks

VR

Ryan
I've been trying to source information on MediaBox but it appears to be quite out of date.

Some of the images might need updating, but the instructions are current.

See - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/tutorials/jcemediabox/create-an-image-popup

and - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/image-manager-extended/creating-popup-images

I'd like to link one static popup to each image in my image library. This would allow me to select an image and companion popup without having to recreate the popup each time I use that image. Can this be done?

You can automatically create a popup link on each image you insert, but this would use the image itself as the popup image. To link to another or larger version of the image would require you to set that for each popup.

As far as attaching images, the Images and Links tab of the Joomla Article Manager contains an Intro Image field. Is there a way to add the MediaBox popup to the image in the Images and Links tab - article level - without duplicating effort and embedding the image/ recreating the popup, in the content section?

No, Mediabox popups require a link to activate, and the Intro Image field does not have an option to include a link on the image.

Ryan Demmer

VonRad
Hi.

Thank you for the information and links.

I'm Using Yootheme Pro (YTP) and trying to integrate the MediaBox popup functionality with the YTP 'Dynamic Content'.

For example, I have a set of ten articles in the Category 'Blue'. Each article has a title, content and image. When I use the category 'Blue' as a 'Dynamic Content' source, I then map all three fields - title, content and image - to the output element (e.g. grid). The three fields of the ten articles are then rendered in a grid format by YTP.

For each of the ten articles displayed, I'd like the user to view a different MediaBox popup when they select (onclick or hover) the mapped image ('Dynamic Content'/ Category 'Blue').

How do I do this?

Thanks.

VR

Ryan
For example, I have a set of ten articles in the Category 'Blue'. Each article has a title, content and image. When I use the category 'Blue' as a 'Dynamic Content' source, I then map all three fields - title, content and image - to the output element (e.g. grid). The three fields of the ten articles are then rendered in a grid format by YTP.

For each of the ten articles displayed, I'd like the user to view a different MediaBox popup when they select (onclick or hover) the mapped image ('Dynamic Content'/ Category 'Blue').

How do I do this?

You won't be able to do this with MediaBox, as Mediabox requires a link to trigger a popup, which is not created by this Yootheme display method.

I would suggest looking into whether Yootheme has a method for creating a "lightbox" on each image, as I think this is a feature included with YTP.

Ryan Demmer

VonRad
Thank You