You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115724 JCE 2.9.57/2.9.58 Breaks images

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 09 January 2024 10:35 GMT

impress51
Hi there,

I've recently upgraded my site to JCE 2.9.57 and later 2.9.58, but when saving an article images become broken. They're viewable via the admin dashboard, but on the frontend they're showing as JSON in the HTML. Image is attached.

Thanks

Attachments

Ryan
I the image being rendered in Community Builder or Yootheme Pro (using dynamic content)?

If so, then you need to enable the "Legacy Media Support" option for the Fields - Media JCE plugin and re-save the article.

See the "Legacy Media Support" section in this article - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/news/jce-pro-2-9-58-released

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

impress51
Hi Ryan,

The site is a base Joomla 3/4 install using Protostar/Cassiopeia. The problem seems to happen with Intro Images and Custom Fields.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I have installed JCE Pro 2.9.58 on your site andset the "Legacy Media Support" option for the Fields - Media JCE plugin, as I instructed in a previous post.

Tested with the "Well presented extended Neptuno Deluxe" article, which appears to be fine.

If MediaJCE fields are not being rendered by the included layout, but are processsed by a 3rd party script, then you need to enable the "Legacy Media Support" option, or make the necessary adjustments to the script to deal with the new value format.

Ryan Demmer

sven.j
@@Ryan#,

i found this Solution today and it`s perfect working.

Are there plans to remove legacy support at some point or should it remain?

Ryan
Are there plans to remove legacy support at some point or should it remain?

It will remain.

Ryan Demmer