You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115778 JCE not working with several instances of the editor loaded

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by dpollez on Sunday, 14 January 2024 15:50 GMT

dpollez
I cannot user JCE Editor in the Event Booking extension from Joomdonation in the backend, I have to switch to TinyMCE.
With that extension, JCE Editor becomes so slow that it becomes unusable. I also can no longer save or close the editor field and must close the browser window.
On some Events Booking screens up to 9 instances of the editor are loaded and maybe it has something to do with that.
I have tried many settings from both Event Booking and JCE Editor and several browsers without success.
Strange because TinyMCE works perfectly.
Any idea what this could be?
Thanks

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
I am not able to reproduce this issue on your site in Chrome or Firefox, using either of the super user logins you have sent. I tested the event categories and a few of the event items, logging in with English and the default site language.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dpollez
I found the culprit: Norton AntiTrrack browser addon.
Very strange that TinyMCE is/was not impacted, that's why I suspected JCE, sorry about that :-)
Norton AntiTrack gone everywhere, cleaned up and neat.
Thank you for the great support once again.
Didier.