You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116272 Print button in iframe not working

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by sietwolt on Monday, 26 February 2024 13:14 GMT

sietwolt
Using JCE pro 2.9.62. If I place a pdf embed through the IFrame button the iframe on the front page shows the pdf but the print button in the top menu does not work.
Do I have to adjust something in the settings?

Ryan
PDF documents are rendered by the browser using the browser's own PDF application. The print function may be controlled by a browser setting, or disabled as part of the pdf document options when the document was created.

Please post a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

sietwolt
Thanks for your answer. Indeed, I am using Firefox as standard browser and that browser is not printing the embed pdf. I opened it in Chrome, and then the print is working. In the meantime I raised the question to Firefox how to get the printfunction working, but no answer yet. Is the problem in Firefow well-known and maybe also a solution?

Ryan
I'm not seeing an issue in Firefox with printing PDF files.

Ryan Demmer

sietwolt
Please check LINKthis link to see the menubar in the top of the PDF document.

Ryan
On this page - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/products/jce-mediabox - scroll down the PDF Document example and click on PDF Document to open the popup, then try and print. Success?

Ryan Demmer

sietwolt
Yes. Looks great I had already implemented JCE MediaBox 2 plugin 2.1.9
Do I have to adjust settings?

Ryan
Yes. Looks great I had already implemented JCE MediaBox 2 plugin 2.1.9

If you are able to print that in Firefox, then there is an issue with the document on your site, not with Firefox.

Ryan Demmer

sietwolt
The document is a standard PDF Adobe and placed in an iframe by the JCE editor pro ??
Remains strange to me why in your example it works and on my website not.

Ryan
I am able to repdoduce this on a local test site with different pdf files using an iframe or object tag to embed the pdf, but no issue in Chrome. I think this may be a Firefox bug. I will investigate further.

Ryan Demmer

sietwolt
Indeed. Also for me no issue in Chrome but still in Firefox. I tried also different PDF's but for all no print function.
Look forward to seeing your investigations

Ryan
I found this old issue which despite saying is resolved, still appears to be valid - https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/issues/5397

Ryan Demmer

sietwolt
I have seen the GitHub reactions from 2016, although now the buttons give no reaction at all instead of a message in GitHub. Hoped that Firefox would have solved the issue, but apparently not??