You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116307 JCE popup not working when used in membership software

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by TAGLLC on Wednesday, 28 February 2024 17:20 GMT

TAGLLC
Hi - I'm trying to use JCE with Membership Pro (by JoomDonation).

There is only 1 aspect that eludes me.
JCE is the default editor in Membership Pro (MP), but when I set up a popup using JCE, I can get it to open in a new window but it's obviously not using JCE to display the popup. It's just a new window with a black background - no lightbox or anything.

If my JCE were an older version I'd know I need to set JCE to work on the specific page. But you've eliminated that option and now I can't figure out how to get the "nice" popup rendered by JCE.
I have it working on another page, but that other page is not using MP for anything.

Is there something I need to do that the 300 changes I tried (and failed), and I need to go to 301 changes?
Or will JCE just simply not perform properly when attempting to pop up within another extension?

I don't know how much information you need to consider the problem, but let me know. I'll provide whatever you need.
Thank you, in advance, for all you do.

Ryan
JCE is the default editor in Membership Pro (MP), but when I set up a popup using JCE, I can get it to open in a new window but it's obviously not using JCE to display the popup. It's just a new window with a black background - no lightbox or anything.

If my JCE were an older version I'd know I need to set JCE to work on the specific page. But you've eliminated that option and now I can't figure out how to get the "nice" popup rendered by JCE.
I have it working on another page, but that other page is not using MP for anything.

The popup is executed by JCE MediaBox, not JCE Pro, so you need to have JCE MediaBox installed, which I assume you do.

Please post a link to an example article that should contain a popup.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

TAGLLC
Yes, I do have JCE MediaBox installed.

Here is the popup that's not working properly - https://www.garrisonbodyhealthnutrition.com/services/calorie-calculator/calorie-calculator

I have it set "manually" to open in a new window, but that's because users would be confused if that black-background popup covered the screen and they are "typical" and don't know to just use the "back" button...which they shouldn't have to do anyway.

Let me know if you need more.
Thanks.

Ryan
JCE MediaBox is not being loaded on that page. Have you assigned Mediabox to a specific menu or component in the Mediabox parameters?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

TAGLLC
I see that it's assigned to several menu items, but good catch. That specific page does not have a menu item. I can add / hide that item and see if that does the trick.

Yep! Thank you for the wake up... Creating the menu item for that page worked.