You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116456 Images disappear and just show placeholder after Save

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 21 March 2024 10:04 GMT

Venable
Unsure if it's something that I'm doing wrong but, when we copy and paste an image from the snipping tool (or anywhere really), the image appears in the editor. When you hit Save and Close, the article just shows a placeholder with the name of the image. When I return to the Editor screen, I see the placeholder. When I toggle to the Code view, I can see that the slash between the images folder and the name of the image file is missing. Is there some setting that I might have toggled that would cause this to occur? I've searched everywhere. I thought maybe toggling the profile setting for the clipboard label 'Process images for upload' might do it but, I get the same experience no matter which way this is set. I was previously on the February release but, today installed the March release (2.9.63) and am still experiencing this issue.

Ryan
when we copy and paste an image from the snipping tool (or anywhere really)

How are you copying the image? Are you using CTRL + V or the Copy option from the application menu?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Venable
CTRL+V
When I click the Paste button in the editor toolbar, I get a pop-up that doesn't allow for me to paste an image.

Attachments

Ryan
How are you copyin the image from the source? Is this an image url, or an image in an image editing / viewing application?

Ryan Demmer

Venable
No image urls. We've tried dragging and dropping from file explorer. Using the Copy buttons/right clicks within snipping tools or Word, used CTRL+C to copy. All actions result with the image turning into a placeholder after hitting the Save button in the editor window. They appear to paste in fine, it isn't until you hit save that the slash is removed from the img src code.

See attached picture of the Code view. The first line is what happens after hitting save. The second line is the image pasted in before I have hit save.

Attachments

Ryan
Images cannot be pasted from Word content, they will always result in a placeholder being displayed. Hovering over the placeholder will show an upload button to upload and insert the image into the editor content.

If you drag and drop an image from Explorer into the editor window, the image will be uploaded and inserted into the editor.

Copy and image in Explorer using CTRL + C and pasting into the editor using CTRL + V will insert the image but will require you to provide name for the image so it can be uploaded to the server.

Ryan Demmer