You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99888 JCE 2.7.13 gobbling all my text!

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 17 May 2019 12:06 BST

[email protected]
Hi,

This is just a heads-up at present. I'm still investigating what is happening.

Using Firefox 66.0.5 and Joomla 3.9.6 and SP Pagebuilder Pro, I have a text box that I can type into, and it used to work fine, but with the latest version of JCE, each character I type is erased as I type it. If I go into the code editor and type some text, it lets me, but when I switch back to the edtor, the text I typed is all gone.

Switching to TinyMCE, I find there is no such problem.

I am running with Firefox in Safe Mode (addons disabled) to avoid the complications of any add-ons.

I'll update this post with any further findings.

Brian

Ryan
Which version of SP PageBuilder Pro are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

[email protected]
Hi Ryan,

Sorry, I should have specified. Version 3.4.10

Ryan
I have just tested this with Page Builder 3.4.10 and JCE Pro 2.7.13 and I am not seeing the issue you are referring to.

I have tested a Text Block in the Admin and Front-end.

Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.7.14 Beta 5 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

[email protected]
Thank you! That has fixed the text swallowing problem. 😃

I still can't type in a <br /> (on its own, or at the end of other text in the text box) in the source code and have it remain. JCE removes all un-necessary whitespace, and I understand that, but I want a text box that just has <br /> (it's easier to explain to users how to add a blank line by simply pressing return than it is to explain to them to add margin or padding to the element above or below). Is there a way to convince JCE to leave a <br /> in place? 🙂

Ryan
I still can't type in a <br /> (on its own, or at the end of other text in the text box) in the source code and have it remain. JCE removes all un-necessary whitespace, and I understand that, but I want a text box that just has <br /> (it's easier to explain to users how to add a blank line by simply pressing return than it is to explain to them to add margin or padding to the element above or below). Is there a way to convince JCE to leave a <br /> in place?

To add a <br />, make sure it is being added between content, as any linebreak added as the first item will be removed.

Ryan Demmer