You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115864 K2 and JCE File Browser in Image Fields

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by yaniv on Tuesday, 30 January 2024 14:43 GMT

yaniv
Hi,

I'm currently working with K2, and it seems that the feature "JCE File Browser in Image Fields" is not working in K2 as it does in Joomla articles or any other place that contains the image type field.

My current setup:
- Joomla version: [3.10.12]
- JCE version: [2.9.58]
- K2 version: [v2.11.20230324]

Is there any solution or workaround for this issue?
Thanks
yaniv

Ryan
K2 uses it's own Media Manager and does not use a standard Joomla Field to implement it, so the JCE File Browser cacnnot be used as a replacement.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

yaniv
Thank you for your response.

I have been working on a K2 plugin that extends K2 with additional fields, including text, textarea, and media types. However, when using the media type, it defaults to the Joomla standard media browser instead of the K2 Media Manager. I am hoping to integrate the JCE File Browser instead.

Is there any workaround for this issue that you could suggest?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Yaniv

Ryan
However, when using the media type, it defaults to the Joomla standard media browser instead of the K2 Media Manager. I am hoping to integrate the JCE File Browser instead.

The JCE File Browser can replace the Joomla Media Manager in Joomla Media Fields. This happens with the Intro Image and Full Article Image fields in the Joomla Article Manager, but requires the extension using the fields to trigger the onContentPrepareForm event.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

yaniv
Thanks,
I've managed to get it to work with your hint for the onContentPrepareForm event and calling the JCE system plugin inside my K2 plugin, and it worked!
Thanks!

Yaniv