You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#116575 Edited image is not inserted

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Leni2023 on Thursday, 04 April 2024 13:20 BST

Leni2023

Hi,

when I edit an image, save it and close the editing popup, this image is selected in the file selection popup. If I now click on "Insert", the URL is not entered. The image must therefore be selected again. If I have edited an existing image and click on "Update", the new width and height specifications are also not adopted. If I have saved the image under a new name, this is also not adopted by "Update".

This led to confusion for one of my customers, as after clicking on "Update" he naturally thought that the image selected in the file selection pop-up had been adopted.

JCE Pro 2.9.63 on Joomla! 5.0.3

Thank you in advance.

Ryan

If I now click on "Insert", the URL is not entered. The image must therefore be selected again. If I have edited an existing image and click on "Update", the new width and height specifications are also not adopted. If I have saved the image under a new name, this is also not adopted by "Update".

This led to confusion for one of my customers, as after clicking on "Update" he naturally thought that the image selected in the file selection pop-up had been adopted.

This makes sense and I am looking into it. The change may include the existing image properties (width, height) being update after editing, or the edited image being selected for insert if no other image was already selected.

The Image Manager is a sort of hybrid layout, in that it includes editing (delete, rename, edit) of all available images, while including options to select and insert a single image. For this reason, to select an image for inserting, you need to click on the name of the image. Checking a checkbox of an image or images does not "select" the image for inserting, but does allow the images to then be edited (delete, rename etc.) without affecting what has already been selected for inserting.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Leni2023

Hi Ryan,

great, that sounds good. And thanks for the tip to click on the name of the file. I hadn't noticed this difference before.

Best Regards